Aerial Photography Course

Started by SeattleSarge, December 12, 2006, 08:05:39 PM

SeattleSarge

CAP Talkers,

I'm looking for examples of Aerial Photography course materials developed by other CAP Squadrons.  SDIS course material is also needed.

Any examples or information you all could provide would be helpful.

Thanks much!

-SeattleSarge

Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Seattle Composite Squadron - PCRWA018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org
pcrwa018@earthlink.net
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

CAP428

I don't have anything CAP-specific, but here is an article on the web about aerial photography:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/aerial.htm

bosshawk

PM me your email address and I will forward your request to our SDIS guys, who have a course already in being.

No point in re-inventing the wheel.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

I have a formal curriculm, or at leat ppt I am willing to share with people
on a FOUO basis.

PM me.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Sharing these types of resources is an excellent way to help promote quality training among our membership!  Bravo to those of you who have offered to share materials locally developed! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

My apologies, guys.  I've received at least three requests for this, and I have no problem providing, except:

1) After looking it over, I realized how much of it is in my head and not on paper.  A lot of the slides have no notes, just a photograph, etc.

2) I am trying to locate the most current rev, what I have handy is from Oct 2004, and I know I have updated it.

3) Because of the high-res images and video, its over 190mb, so at a minimum I'll need to post it up on our web space.

I'll let you know when I have my act together, I thought I had it handier - just didn't want you to think I was blowing you off.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

No problem, we eagerly await you post.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

wuzafuzz

Bump. 

I've been asked to put together a class on aerial photography.  Rather than reinvent the wheel I thought I'd see if anyone has come up with anything since last year.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

RiverAux

See the AR Wing aerial damage and observation course at http://www.arwingcap.org/ES.htm

TXCAP

I have the Aerial Photography Reference Text, Training slides, and SQTR tasks developed by Lt Col Richard Simerson for the Texas Wing.  They are too big to email but I have them on an FTP site.  If you will send me your email address I can send you the link.

wuzafuzz

Quote from: TXCAP on September 21, 2008, 12:36:13 PM
I have the Aerial Photography Reference Text, Training slides, and SQTR tasks developed by Lt Col Richard Simerson for the Texas Wing.  They are too big to email but I have them on an FTP site.  If you will send me your email address I can send you the link.

Your email address is hidden on your profile, at least when I view it.  (Email removed since material posted) 

Thanks in advance!
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

TXCAP

flyerthom

TC

TXCAP

Ok, I changed the permissions on the folders to public.  Hopefully you can access them now.

flyerthom

TC

Ricochet13

Appreciation to those in TXWG who put this program together!  Outstanding!   :clap:

Have a good curriculum to get more members involved in ES and aircrew work.

a2capt

Some of you from CAWG may remember a whole weekend we dedicated to this at Castle in 2003, before the Wing CC changed to the cadet centric leadership and the new staff cancelled it all at any further SAREX activities under a "back to the basics" mantra. But the weekend consisted of classroom time dealing with photography and working with computers in the backseat of the aircraft, with emphasis on being your own tech support dept., etc. 

That training officer didn't last long anyway, but training within CAWG has not been the same for three commands now. Well, two actually, I don't count that Colorado transplant fake wing king as a real commander.

Our goal was to put together an SDIS like system using off the shelf simple stuff that could use the inplace communications system as one of it's methods of transmission. Other methods, for example would have been using Ricochet modems with modified firmware to form a peer to peer network sans the ISP's service. Of course a solution like this would only work within so many miles of the mission base or downlink point, but we did successfully transmit images 70 miles "line of sight" from the desert to the coastline. All this was done before SDIS was even introduced to the membership level. It seemed that some higher ups got wind of it and a little riled up, and that may have influenced a faster rollout of SDIS.

Obviously SDIS as a linkup is far more flexible anyway.

Hats off to TX Wing for putting this together.