Who would be interested?

Started by SJFedor, October 06, 2007, 06:53:13 AM

SJFedor

From a previous topic, I had put up a post discussing the exciting ins and outs of a pacemaker/ICD.

This made me think: We have weekly trauma case studies in our email boxes at work for education (I'm a trauma center nerd) that help address things we can work on during trauma resuscitations, and just general educational topics. So, the question is, would you, the benevolent participants in CAPTalk, be interested in a weekly or bi-weekly "Case Presentation" where we can have one of our EMTs, EMT-Ps, RNs, or MDs that are also our brethern in blue (and grey, and all the other colors of our various uniforms) present scenarios or topics for discussion/elaboration? The type of things that can help our GTMs and MSAs (for when our older members eat 1 too many donuts at mission base) expand their knowledge, so that, when they're on that scene one day, they can maybe see a bigger picture besides what they teach in the 4-6 hour first aid class.

This wouldn't be substituted for any type of formal training, moreso just a discussion on the first aid/first responder level of intervention, things that would concern the first responder/lay rescuer, etc.

If anyone would be interested, please post so on here. I'd be glad to do the legwork to get it started, and the more we can get involved and interested, the better and more educational this can be!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

Short answer, No.

Longer, make a separate category for medical discussions.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

IMO... Outside the scope of the site.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Steven,

I concur with MIKE, but I applaud anyone who starts new and interesting discussions.  If you can make it truly CAP relevant, it could work.  With the level of participation in ES threads compared to Uniforms, grades, the Weasel Empire etc, you've got an uphill battle.

I admit that I'm concerned that many of the medical discussions here often usually always turn into a peeing contest. Too often, the medics on the forum erupt into raging "my techniques don't stink" berzerkers.

thefischNX01

I would like such a thing, but I agree with Mike, not here.

Start a blog or something, and allow those brother blue-gray medical professionals to post. 
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/