Leadership Test Questions

Started by TheGooseLover, October 17, 2015, 07:46:49 PM

TheGooseLover

If You Have Read My Other Topic, You Know im going for my Wright Bros. soon. I would like to know What the type of questions are on the leadership test, and if the drill test is part of the leadership test or seperate. and what i mean by "type of questions" is, are they true/false, multiple choice, Etc.
Thanks, C/SrA Hodge
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

lordmonar

The drill test is part of the leadership test.

The questions are similar as the questions you took for achievements 1 through 3.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

TheGooseLover

Thank you very much! Your a savior :)
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

Майор Хаткевич

It's all one test, but first you take the 30 multiple-choice questions on Chapters 1-3 of leadership, and if you pass, do the drill test, which covers 20 commands from the list you've learned so far.

kwe1009

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on October 19, 2015, 06:23:09 PM
It's all one test, but first you take the 30 multiple-choice questions on Chapters 1-3 of leadership, and if you pass, do the drill test, which covers 20 commands from the list you've learned so far.

Not quite.  The scores from the written and drill portion are added together for your final score.  They are not separate tests.  The Wright Brothers test is a single comprehensive exam.  That means you could "fail" the first section but pass overall based on how well the drill test goes.

TheGooseLover

Is the drill test written or like all the others?
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

almostspaatz

Quote from: Caponly101 on October 19, 2015, 08:29:49 PM
Is the drill test written or like all the others?

There is a practical drill test, however the leadership test encompasses drill and ceremonies knowledge.
C/Maj Steve Garrett

jeders

Quote from: kwe1009 on October 19, 2015, 07:47:20 PM

Not quite.  The scores from the written and drill portion are added together for your final score.  They are not separate tests.  The Wright Brothers test is a single comprehensive exam.  That means you could "fail" the first section but pass overall based on how well the drill test goes.

My memory is a little fuzzy, it's been a few months since I've done a WB test and I haven't had enough caffeine yet, but I thought that you had to make a passing grade on the written portion before attempting the drill portion. I'm gonna have to check the test booklet when I go to the meeting tonight.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

MSG Mac

You know all these questions about the WB test can and should be asked and answered by your Chain of Command.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheGooseLover

My chain of command won't answer my questions
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

THRAWN

Quote from: Caponly101 on October 20, 2015, 02:51:08 PM

???? Who have you asked? Hard to believe that your "leadership" isn't leading...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: THRAWN on October 20, 2015, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: Caponly101 on October 20, 2015, 02:51:08 PM

???? Who have you asked? Hard to believe that your "leadership" isn't leading...

Incredibly common, especially among cadets....especially among cadets who really don't know how to answer questions.......especially among cadets in leadership positions when they don't have the maturity level to hold that position.

I've had several cadets message me about test questions, and I don't always have an answer because I'm so far removed from taking those tests that I don't consider myself to be the best person to ask. I would rather direct them to someone who has actually, physically sat down and taken that test to help guide them. I discussed this with my cadet staff this past week and told them that they need to step up and take the initiative on this stuff rather than passing cadets off to senior members every time they have a question, because I know that's exactly what happens. "Ask so-and-so, they're in charge."

Ask your element leader. If they can't help you, it should go to the flight sergeant. And so forth. By the time you hit the flight sergeant, this should be someone that has taken the Wright Brothers test who would obviously know what it covers and how to study for it. Any answer other than "what worked for me was..." or "It covered topics..." is blowing off the question. If you cadet chain of command isn't answering questions, especially those regarding assistance with any level of training, you should go up the chain of command to get the issue resolved with them not helping.

kwe1009

Quote from: jeders on October 20, 2015, 01:36:40 PM

My memory is a little fuzzy, it's been a few months since I've done a WB test and I haven't had enough caffeine yet, but I thought that you had to make a passing grade on the written portion before attempting the drill portion. I'm gonna have to check the test booklet when I go to the meeting tonight.

There is a lot of confusion about the Wright Brothers test.  When I first joined my squadron was actually giving the Achievement 4 drill test instead of the Wright Brothers drill test.

Here is the wording right off of the exam: "When you are confident that you are finished with Part 1 of the exam, turn in this test and your answer sheet to the Testing Officer, who will then administer Part 2: The Drill and Ceremonies Performance Test." 

It doesn't say anything about separate grading for the 2 parts.  CAPR 52-16 says that the Wright Brothers test is a single comprehensive exam. 

The quick reference guide for Testing Officers states that it is a single test with an 80% minimum passing score.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on October 20, 2015, 05:57:26 PM

There is a lot of confusion about the Wright Brothers test.  When I first joined my squadron was actually giving the Achievement 4 drill test instead of the Wright Brothers drill test.

Here is the wording right off of the exam: "When you are confident that you are finished with Part 1 of the exam, turn in this test and your answer sheet to the Testing Officer, who will then administer Part 2: The Drill and Ceremonies Performance Test." 

It doesn't say anything about separate grading for the 2 parts.  CAPR 52-16 says that the Wright Brothers test is a single comprehensive exam. 

The quick reference guide for Testing Officers states that it is a single test with an 80% minimum passing score.

See, now I'll have to pull the test copies we have. I swear it first talked about getting a passing 80% on writen, and THEN moving onto drill.

SarDragon

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on October 20, 2015, 06:24:17 PM
See, now I'll have to pull the test copies we have. I swear it first talked about getting a passing 80% on written, and THEN moving onto drill.

It was like that the last time I looked at cadet tests, but, that was in '04. Things may have changed.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

wacapgh

I asked the CAP Knowledgebase:

151019-000002

Status  Solved

Created 
10/19/2015 01:20 PM

Updated 
10/19/2015 01:32 PM

Category 
• Educational Programs
•    Cadet Programs
•      Cadet Program Management

"The leadership test must be passed with at least 80%.  The 80% is not a combination.

If you have any other questions please contact the cadet programs POC, Ms. Joanna Lee at JLee@capnhq.gov."

kwe1009

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on October 20, 2015, 06:24:17 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on October 20, 2015, 05:57:26 PM

See, now I'll have to pull the test copies we have. I swear it first talked about getting a passing 80% on writen, and THEN moving onto drill.

The quotes I gave were from the July 2011 version of the test.

Майор Хаткевич

CAPT 70, July 2011 version.

How to score:

First grade part 1. Passing score is 80%. Must answer correctly 24/30 questions to advance to part 2. If passes part 1, administer and grade part 2. Passing score is 80%, must pass 16/20 commands.

TheGooseLover

I took the test tonight. I scored 97%. Thanks all who commented!
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

TheSkyHornet

Nicely done, soon-to-be C/SSgt Hodge  :clap: