Encampment Staff

Started by danilynn6308, July 30, 2012, 05:47:49 AM

danilynn6308

As a C/2dLt, I've been to a grand total one 1 encampment because I honestly didn't like my basic. However, I got offered almost any staff position at an encampment next summer. I offered Flight Commander. Now I've staffed at 2 activities as Adjutant and PAO, so am I getting in over my head staffing my second encampment as a Flt CC? I'm not sure if I should go with a line staff position first, plus I'm not sure of the spots open. Any suggestions? Thanks
C/2dLt Sundet
KFCS

Garibaldi

A Line position is probably the way to go for your second encampment. Generally, that's the next step, unless you show an aptitude for administrative type things. A flight CC is nothing different than a flight CC at your home unit. If you've never done that, then it can be easy or it can be hard.

I assume you know how to drill a group bigger than an element.

My staff position at encampment never got above flight sergeant, because I was a slacker before being a slacker was fashionable. If you do take the flight CC job, lean on your flight sergeant to do the actual work. Your job is more administrative than anything. You will attend staff meetings and make sure your flight is up to snuff for inspections and parade.

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things