Main Menu

MAJOR JOE TOMASONE

Started by Stonewall, January 29, 2013, 07:09:17 PM

Stonewall

Um, Major, I think it's time to change something....

See you on Thursday.
Serving since 1987.

Cool Mace

Ah, yes. You must update the signature line to be within good standing of this board.

Congratulations, Major!  :clap:
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Pylon

Welcome to the Farts n' Darts Club!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Cool Mace on January 29, 2013, 07:14:17 PM
Ah, yes. You must update the signature line to be within good standing of this board.

Congratulations, Major!  :clap:

Congrats as well...SIR! :clap:

Did your promotion sail through easily?  I ask because I submitted mine back in August...and all I've heard is the deafening sound of silence.

I've updated my sig line accordingly too. :(
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Woodsy

Congrats Major! 

I am also looking forward to Thursday.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Rick-DEL

Congrats.

And, where are you guys building these cool signature boards (with ribbons and so forth)?

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

RogueLeader

He posted on Facebook that he doesn't come on here very often.  So, it may be a while.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 29, 2013, 08:43:33 PM
He posted on Facebook that he doesn't come on here very often.  So, it may be a while.

I thought that was the case since I haven't seen him, so I checked his profile and...

Quote from: Joe's Profile
Last Active: Today at 12:01:01

So I figured I'd give it a shot.

Post him the link to this thread.  I'm not a FB guy.
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

Thank you, all.   I actually have the Maj signature all done up, but it's on the PC at home..  However, the peer pressure may force me to grab it from that machine and update it now.  :)

Looking forward to Thursday as well.  I am preparing a brief PPT to precede the demo; do you folks have a projector?

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

Did your promotion sail through easily?  I ask because I submitted mine back in August...and all I've heard is the deafening sound of silence.

I suppose it depends how you submitted it..   I filled out a CAPF 2A and submitted it to Personnel, then got told that they don't need the form anymore since it's online in eServices (not a Commander, what do I know?!).   After that, it was just waiting out the last week of TIG.   

JoeTomasone

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 29, 2013, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

I suppose it depends how you submitted it..   I filled out a CAPF 2A and submitted it to Personnel, then got told that they don't need the form anymore since it's online in eServices (not a Commander, what do I know?!).   After that, it was just waiting out the last week of TIG.

My TIG was completed in June, 2012.  I asked my CC how to go about it and he said to do the CAPF 2A and a Letter of Justification listing my accomplishments since I rejoined CAP in 2009.  I did so.

Since then we've had a change of command (term limited).  I have asked both my current and former CC's about the status of my application...They say they haven't heard anything...it's like it disappeared into a black hole.

I'm about ready to withdraw it and just try to come to terms with never being promoted beyond Captain.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Woodsy

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 29, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
Thank you, all.   I actually have the Maj signature all done up, but it's on the PC at home..  However, the peer pressure may force me to grab it from that machine and update it now.  :)

Looking forward to Thursday as well.  I am preparing a brief PPT to precede the demo; do you folks have a projector?

yes, there is a projector and screen there.

Devil Doc

Not only did you pick up a Rank, It looks like you picked up a "Few" Extra Ribbons. Congrats.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

My TIG was completed in June, 2012.  I asked my CC how to go about it and he said to do the CAPF 2A and a Letter of Justification listing my accomplishments since I rejoined CAP in 2009.  I did so.

Since then we've had a change of command (term limited).  I have asked both my current and former CC's about the status of my application...They say they haven't heard anything...it's like it disappeared into a black hole.

I'm about ready to withdraw it and just try to come to terms with never being promoted beyond Captain.

Ask your current CC to initiate it online.  Major has to be approved at Wing, so if there are delays, check with each echelon.  It shouldn't take very long to do.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 30, 2013, 12:26:27 AM
Not only did you pick up a Rank, It looks like you picked up a "Few" Extra Ribbons. Congrats.

Thanks, although this graphic is now slightly out of date as well as another 2A has been processed..  (sigh). 

BTW, Vanguard loves me this month - except for the fact that I got the new service cap $20 cheaper than their price at Clothing Sales.   :)

Camas

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Not sure what the problem is. If you've done the whole PD thing (Level III) I would think, as stated, that a duty promotion request through e-services should do the trick. You'll want to be sure a promotion board is enacted to consider your promotion (Re: CAPR 35-5 Para 1-10).  Oh yeah, if you need to - please - use a CAPF2 not a 2a.

spaatzmom