Main Menu

COLORADO CAP squadrons

Started by ammotrucker, February 22, 2009, 06:22:28 PM

ammotrucker

I have a cadet member who has been accepted to the USAF Academy.  He wanted to know if there are any ES active squadrons at the Academy or close to Colorado Springs that he should look at when he arrives. 

He is currently very active in ES, and wishes to remain that way if poosible.
RG Little, Capt

es_g0d

Please have your cadet contact me offline.  There are many considerations for being an active CAP cadet (presumably transitioning to Senior) while also a USAFA cadet.  Not all are positive or for public consumption, hence my desire to take it offline.

Short answer, though: Air Academy Composite, Colorado Springs Cadet, and Pikes Peak Senior squadrons are all within the metro area.

Far too many CAP cadets essentially end their involvement in the program after setting foot at the base of the no-longer-labeled "Bring Me Men" ramp.  Its truly a pity for us who remain involved, because we're losing good people that way.  At the same time, its something of a mark of "graduation" as well; they're moving on to bigger things--and that is one of the unwritten goals of the CAP cadet program.

(USAFA Class of 97)
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

PHall

Quote from: es_g0d on February 22, 2009, 06:35:47 PM
Please have your cadet contact me offline.  There are many considerations for being an active CAP cadet (presumably transitioning to Senior) while also a USAFA cadet.  Not all are positive or for public consumption, hence my desire to take it offline.

Short answer, though: Air Academy Composite, Colorado Springs Cadet, and Pikes Peak Senior squadrons are all within the metro area.

Far too many CAP cadets essentially end their involvement in the program after setting foot at the base of the no-longer-labeled "Bring Me Men" ramp.  Its truly a pity for us who remain involved, because we're losing good people that way.  At the same time, its something of a mark of "graduation" as well; they're moving on to bigger things--and that is one of the unwritten goals of the CAP cadet program.

(USAFA Class of 97)

Well, at least for their 4th Class year, they will be way too busy to participate much anyway.

And the cadet program usually loses about half of the cadets that enter college in the Freshman/Sophomore years because their priorities change.

es_g0d

Its possible to still be an active CAP cadet during the 4 degree year, but as a USAFA cadet you essentially can only do "one thing" as an extracurricular activity.  If CAP is your "one thing," it can be done.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

ammotrucker

I want to thank you for your response.  I will pass along your email address to the cadet.
RG Little, Capt