Main Menu

State Adjutant General

Started by Tubacap, June 17, 2008, 10:35:53 PM

Tubacap

Okay I'm doing a paper on the role of the military in disasters, and so I am dealing a lot with Title 10 versus Title 32 NG deployments.

My question is, why is the State Adjutant General known as the TAG?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

SarDragon

TAG = The Adjutant General. Saying "the TAG" is redundant, but that's how it comes out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Tubacap

That is what I had thought, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks!
NER-PA-001

Johnny Yuma

Most states refer to that position as the TAG to differentiate him from the state's Attorney General, who is usually AG.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Tubacap

NER-PA-001

James Shaw

The Civil Air Patrol National Historian Col. Len Blascovich use to be the Adjutant General for the State of New York. He retired a few years ago.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Cecil DP

Quote from: caphistorian on June 18, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
The Civil Air Patrol National Historian Col. Len Blascovich use to be the Adjutant General for the State of New York. He retired a few years ago.
I think he was the Adjutant for the NY State Guard, not the Adjutant General of New York.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

James Shaw

Quote from: Cecil DP on June 18, 2008, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on June 18, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
I think he was the Adjutant for the NY State Guard, not the Adjutant General of New York.

Thanks for the help. I forgot to add that part.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on June 17, 2008, 10:43:46 PM
TAG = The Adjutant General. Saying "the TAG" is redundant, but that's how it comes out.

TAG for The Adjutant General instead of The AG....which is usually the Attorney General.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP