Main Menu

Charter Presentation

Started by Tubacap, October 11, 2007, 02:18:10 PM

Tubacap

General Question:
Has anyone ever done a Charter Presentation?  I am looking to make it into a big event and invited the Wing/Group CC.  Some of the guys from my former squadorn.  Some local military and press.  My question is, is there a proper protocol for anything like the change of command or is it just all speeches and things like that?

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Camas

I'm not sure about a ceremony such as you are suggesting but you might check out CAPP 3 (Guide to Civil Air Patrol Procotol); you might find some ideas there.

JohnKachenmeister

I just had a standard military ceremony, invited a bunch of dignitaries, gave a stirring speech about CAP and its impact on the nation through youth (I had a cadet squadron), a color guard, and light refreshments afterward.

I had the Wing King ceremoniously uncase our unit color, and hand it to the Cadet Commander, who handed it to me.

I accepted the color as a token of the trust placed in the squadron officers, and had the Cadet Cdr. place it next to the US colors on the podium.
Another former CAP officer

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

IceNine

The fact that you had to invite the Wing commander disturbs me however.  Chartering a unit should be a HUGE thrill for a wing king.

But, as far as a change of command.  The honorguard manual has a detailed ceremony.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4