Main Menu

Losing Faith...

Started by AngelWings, June 09, 2013, 03:19:45 AM

AngelWings

I'm losing faith in my squadron. I've seen so many problems arise. I will admit, that as the former Cadet Commander at this squadron, everything hits a lot more personally than it should. That doesn't mean I'm going to let it cloud my judgment, but it does just flat out suck completely.

The issues themselves I will speak about when I personally get more info on the situation, but I hear how a few cadets might be losing positions, one of which I know has personally stopped this cadet from making bad decisions and his desire to get this position was almost astounding. I feel a lot for him, knowing the unfairness of what I'm speculating is two people making shots at the cadet programs over what might have been a personal grudge with my family. I'm positive they've been lying about a few things, but will not say what until I am sure they are via asking, piecing, a few connections of mine who'll tell me what I need to know. I promise you all, what's going on is borderline insane, and has about half (I've asked) of my squadrons cadets wanting to flat out quit because of the extremeness of the changes that are supposedly being imposed.

This, however, isn't all about finding answers to these problems or trying to prove my argument, it's about finding faith to be strong and to be right through all of this for my fellow cadets. I don't care about anything to do with me personally, I've had my day and have done what I've desired in this program. I care for my other cadets. I feel as if they're being robbed of something, tearing up thinking about, made me the best possible person I could be and has very well done so much for me as a human being.

I kid you not I am teary eyed thinking about the unfairness that these cadets are telling me about. It's not fair they've been lied to. It's not fair policies being implemented are not including some sort of grandfathering. It's not fair that these cadets will suffer a confidence blow to the sheer amount of effort they've put, which has admittingly and proudly has been more than I believe I have.

I want the best for my cadets, and I see they're going to be hurt in a way that they shouldn't be and is unjustifiable. I feel for my men and women I've spent so many hours with training personally to be the best I could make them. Any advice on keeping my faith through this period which feels like an insult to everything I've done?

Sorry if it seems dramatic, I'm emotional about this subject and I do care.

Patterson

I gather you have not been around your Squadron?  You are listening to others "dump" and express their own problems they are having at the Squadron??

Bottom line: it could be your actual performance as Cadet Commander might not be as awesome as you believe it was.  Could you have possibly setup the situations that your Cadets stepped into?  Perhaps the Seniors are making such "dramatic" changes because things were being done so incorrectly that it was hurting the Unit?

As for Grandfathering in Cadets when changes are made, you can't be serious?!?  If a change is implemented to bring a process or requirement of the program into regulatory compliance, there are only two options for members to pick from; do it the right way or leave!

Finally, it sounds like there is some drama between your family and the Squadron Leadership.  I think it best for you to move on and focus on other things in your life right now. 

AngelWings

Quote from: Patterson on June 09, 2013, 11:58:15 AM
I gather you have not been around your Squadron?  You are listening to others "dump" and express their own problems they are having at the Squadron??

Bottom line: it could be your actual performance as Cadet Commander might not be as awesome as you believe it was.  Could you have possibly setup the situations that your Cadets stepped into?  Perhaps the Seniors are making such "dramatic" changes because things were being done so incorrectly that it was hurting the Unit?

As for Grandfathering in Cadets when changes are made, you can't be serious?!?  If a change is implemented to bring a process or requirement of the program into regulatory compliance, there are only two options for members to pick from; do it the right way or leave!

Finally, it sounds like there is some drama between your family and the Squadron Leadership.  I think it best for you to move on and focus on other things in your life right now.
I can assure you it was not my performance based off two awards given to us by the Army (one for outstanding support at an event I spearheaded, and the other for doing great things on our base), complements from the Wing Commander, and having earned our squadron the "turn around squadron" from a dark period. I boosted cadet attendance, lead a few awesome events that have been memorable, raised around $3,000 at two events in December plus other fundraisers, and we've all been active. I can assure you, not from cockiness, but from supported confidence from me, Senior Members, and my cadets, that it was not my problems that set them up. This all came out of the blue after our squadron had already made changes to how the staff operated. We were told the changes before this one were regulation-driven, and I looked it up and they were.

For these things, they're not anywhere to be found in any regulation book I've read. One or two of them have actually been in violation of regulations from what I'm gathering. These changes seem to be labeled as "Wing" but the second anyone asked for simple proof (something I know isn't a requirement in any situation but a decent formality). You'd have to really know the situation to understand what I'm seeing and to know what I, along with my entire squadron, has known for a while about the supposed leader of these changes.

And it isn't with squadron leadership, it's been with one member. I didn't get involved with it, never cared to, but at this point it's now affecting something I raised up, continuing the work my former Cadet Commander had started.

Also, to make sure it is clear, I am NOT saying I was the model Commander. I made my fair share of mistakes, there's things I did that were completely wrong, but isn't that the whole idea of learning? You make mistakes, you learn, you move on. However, to reinforce it, things were done as best as they could be and we thrived. The work of my Corps and my Staff was what made a lot of what I did possible. We all worked together and made something for ourselves that wasn't short of amazing. I loved it. My confidence was boosted by them and countless Senior Members who've complemented me and my (all of our) work. I wouldn't have gotten all of these words of encouragement if they didn't believe it. I watched them be brutal with one of my former Cadet Commanders... and it wasn't pretty.

Private Investigator

Miscommunications. Really people need to be adult and sit down and talk. As an IG 90% of compliants involved miscommunications and egos. 

In CAP people think "Squadron of the Year" means they are perfect and their mara does not stink. In reality that means somebody wrote a F120 better than the others, no one else applied or they had less screw ups than the other Squadrons. Nobody walks on water here. JMHO YMMV 

AngelWings

Quote from: Private Investigator on June 09, 2013, 07:48:39 PM
Miscommunications. Really people need to be adult and sit down and talk. As an IG 90% of compliants involved miscommunications and egos. 

In CAP people think "Squadron of the Year" means they are perfect and their mara does not stink. In reality that means somebody wrote a F120 better than the others, no one else applied or they had less screw ups than the other Squadrons. Nobody walks on water here. JMHO YMMV
I'm going to PM you with some more details.

AngelWings

You can disregard this. I've gotten all of the info I've needed to make the pieces come together. I know what I'm dealing with and it is being solved.

PilotJoe78

Just keep in mind, whether it is the home you live in, the office space at work you work in, or an event/group that you are volunteering with you are only going to be happy with the results that are caused by your own actions. If you take pride, and make those things YOuRS, then with effort and time they will be made into something you are happy with.

When others begin to see the atmosphere that you have developed, and it is a positive environment, that will spread throughout like a fire!

You'll be amazed at how many people begin to follow you, and all you do is make the time that they are around you a positive, and enjoyable one. YES it is that simple.