Making a Squadron Calendar: Google Docs problems or suggestions?

Started by AngelWings, October 31, 2012, 06:58:44 PM

AngelWings

I have made a squadron cadet meeting night calendar for my cadets and seniors in my CoC using Google Docs. However, I am not pleased with the results of what I have made. Why? I have only made a squadron calendar for meetings, and not events. I am having trouble with the software constantly, and I am not good with creating or modifying templates.

My schedules are extremely effective and have been regarded as top notch, but I want to improve it so cadets and seniors can open up a calendar and see the events via email. Does anyone have a Google Docs template for doing something like this? Is there better software to do this?

Along with this, is having two schedules (meeting schedule and special events schedules) better than one, or is it good to have a general calendar and both schedules?

Thank you in advance.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on October 31, 2012, 08:00:36 PM
Why would you use Docs for a calender?

Use Calendar.
That's how you know I don't use Google that much. LOL

Eclipse

You can make a calendar public, nest calendars within each other, publish them to web pages, allow
others to update / change them, etc., etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw