Need help on supply issues

Started by AngelWings, July 16, 2012, 04:24:57 PM

AngelWings

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 17, 2012, 12:34:07 AM
AngelWings are you a Senior Member or a Cadet?

When I first became a Squadron Commander I inventoried the Squadron's property. I thought a color tv was a color tv. A year later during an inspection I was asked what happen to the almost new color tv because the color tv we have is 20 plus years old. They thought for sure somebody swapped out the Squadron's new tv for their personal junk tv.

Turns out when the Squadron bought a new tv, with Squadron funds, the following month the HQ building was burglarized and the tv was stolen. A police report was done but after five years nobody remember that a member donate a old tv to replace it.

Logistics and Finance can get you in lots of trouble.
I'm a hard working cadet who likes to offer help to our Seniors. I'd like to let this topic die because the situation itself is solved and I was more worked up than anything.

Eclipse

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 17, 2012, 12:34:07 AMTurns out when the Squadron bought a new tv, with Squadron funds, the following month the HQ building was burglarized and the tv was stolen. A police report was done but after five years nobody remember that a member donate a old tv to replace it.

And you can't just "replace" stuff, even if it is the exact same item.  It has to be reported, an ROS done, and the inventory updated with the replacement entered as a "new" item, even if it's an "old" item.

"That Others May Zoom"