Awesome support from NHQ/NOC

Started by Tubacap, April 25, 2012, 12:35:57 AM

Tubacap

Over the past few days, I have been on the phone repeatedly with all different offices within the NOC and at NHQ.  I just wanted to shout out that the staff at both were ALWAYS courteous, helpful, and went out of there way to get me the information that I needed.

The folks down at Maxwell and at the NOC do an outstanding job of keeping everything running smoothly for us!

P.S.  This was almost entirely operations side of the house with some CP interface.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

SAR-EMT1

How much did they pay you to say this ?  ;D
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Eeyore

They probably didn't, just dispatched a few black vans to his house and forced him to type this.

ColonelJack

You mean the mind-control experiments didn't pan out?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

The CyBorg is destroyed

The Sith Lords at NHQ used the Dark Side of the Force to make Tubacap say that. 8)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Cool Mace

Quote from: CyBorg on April 25, 2012, 06:17:35 PM
The Sith Lords at NHQ used the Dark Side of the Force to make Tubacap say that. 8)

Now it all makes sense!  >:D
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cool Mace on April 25, 2012, 06:54:41 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on April 25, 2012, 06:17:35 PM

Now it all makes sense!  >:D
Um, no... They would have to be incredibly strong in the force. Using the infamous "jedi mind tricks" alone won't work. Leia had trouble influencing someone via holocomms (video and voice). A phone system alone? No. Alabama is to far away from PA anyway. Now NHQ might have discovered "The home" and its secrets. But, Lumiya and Alema Rar (Other than the inventor, Darth Vectivus) were really the only known ones to have master force phantoms. Besides, they would have had to have traveled to the MZX32905 (misidentified sometimes as M2X32905) system. Phantoms would only have allowed them to appear to the OP and try and convince him. No mind tricks.

Not only that, but assuming everyone at NHQ was a sith, they would be disobeying the rule of two.  It replaced the practices of Lord Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness, which claimed equality among Sith Lords and forbade the use of the title "Darth".

The Rule of Two was instituted by Darth Bane, once a student at Kaan's Sith academy, in response to what he viewed as inevitable, self-destructive infighting within the Sith Order. The Rule of Two states that there would be only two Sith at one time, a Master and an Apprentice, guaranteeing that when the Apprentice becomes powerful enough in the ways of the Dark Side to take the title of Master, only then would they be worthy of the title. This transfer of power would only take place when the Apprentice takes their Master's life and finds a worthy student to repeat the cycle. Both Master and Apprentice were considered to be Sith Lords.

The reasoning behind this was, if there were more than 2, several would gang up on the strongest, defeat the strongest, and then fight amongst themselves, until only one, weaker, sith lord remains.

I feel sad, I remembered MZX32905 as being near Bilbringi, not Bimmiel. I was correct on it being near Lorrd.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Must be a sugar rush from the ketchup...

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2012, 10:14:17 PM
lol...

Eclipse, it looks like SarDragon is calling you a geek!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Cool Mace

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 25, 2012, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2012, 10:14:17 PM
lol...

Eclipse, it looks like SarDragon is calling you a geek!

The geek is strong in this one.

May the Triangle Thing be with you.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

MSG Mac

To be serious, I've never had anything less than a great experience while dealing with National. The couple of times I've stopped by on my way through Montgomery, I've been treated as an honored guest. Great people there.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jimmydeanno

I agree.  I have never had anything but a positive experience from the paid folks at NHQ.  When I first started in CAP, NHQ wasn't as accessible, and my leadership used to blame everything on them (taking forever to process stuff, etc).  As I spent more time in the organization, I realized that it wasn't NHQ's issues, it was the volunteer staff that had all the issues.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Sgt. Fischer

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

mikebank

I have only been a senior since 2009, but I have not had any problems with NHQ, now the Wing...well sometimes that's different...
1st Lt Michael Bankson
Safety Officer
NCR-MO-089
Former EM1, U.S. Navy