GAO report on deficienciencies in CAP in 1998

Started by Hotel 179, January 02, 2007, 06:32:00 AM

Hotel 179

starrswon.com/GAOreportondeficienciesinCAPin1998ns00136

Here is a 38 page document that references the questions about the Civil Air Patrol and the Air Force agreements and disagreements.  You can read it yourself, and also read the contributors to the report, as well as the requestors of the report.....google is your friend.

Semper vi, ya'll

Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

Pylon

Uh, wow.  Did anybody look the http://starrswon.com "homepage" from where you sourced that document?   I've never seen a crappier, more agenda-driven, off-the-mark, pile-of-crap for a website.

Oh look, I see the name "COUNSELING AND CONSULTATION ASSOCIATES" on several of the documents linked there with a really familiar Tennessee address.  And a lot of Anti-Gen. Pineda content.....

Oh that's right.  Now I remember why that's all familiar; it's because it's the same one or two disgruntled former CAP members that are behind the drivel from News of the Force with the anti-CAP and anti-Pineda bent.   ::)

More drivel disguised as real "reporting." 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hotel 179

Quote from: Pylon on January 02, 2007, 06:38:30 AM
Uh, wow.  Did anybody look the http://starrswon.com "homepage" from where you sourced that document?   

No, didn't look at the homepage....just googled some keywords and the document itself came up....for whatever is on the homepage, the actual GAO report is all that I was referencing for the folks that had not heard of the investigation.  It's a matter of public record and that was my point.

Semper vi,

Stephen
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hotel 179 on January 02, 2007, 06:32:00 AM

Here is a 38 page document that references the questions about the Civil Air Patrol and the Air Force agreements and disagreements.  You can read it yourself, and also read the contributors to the report, as well as the requestors of the report.....google is your friend.

Semper vi, ya'll

This website referenced "starrswon.com" is a study in agendism.

By the way Hotel 179, any point no matter how valid when attached to such a site is suspect.  Find a viable source if you don't want people condemning it from the start. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DNall

Yes, bad sourcing. Fix your link & I'll tell you if it's the orginal GAO report. We don't need to retread these things over & over. PM me if you want a run down on what happened, otherwise search official sources for original source material & transcripts. Just get teh timeline right so you know what actually happened. Nothing was all that bad, it was just blown out of proportion in a power struggle cuased cause Congress made some mistakes going back 20 years. This isn't effecting us right now. The only issue with it is that the kinds of problems investigated are the same kinds of investigations flying around now. BoG hasn't fixed it & AF still wants full authority over CAP to use us for their purposes & keep us in line.

Hotel 179

Quote from: DNall on January 02, 2007, 09:21:27 AM
Yes, bad sourcing. Fix your link & I'll tell you if it's the orginal GAO report.

Hello All,

I've PM'd a couple of folks regarding the broken link....don't take my word for the GAO Report.  Google it for yourself and read it from any source that you wish.  My point again is this is not a big secret investigation, it's out there in Cyber-Space.  You can access the report from 245,883,274 different pages, approximately.

Stephen
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

DNall

It's downstream though of the original issues. Doesn't talk about region conf on a cruise ship, misues of govt vehicles, misappropriation of funds, refusal to comply w/ AF accounting practices... Nothing so differnt than the kinds of invetstigations flying around now, nor the thousands that are dealt with as a simple matter in the AF every year. You just can't tell anything about the situation from one swing in a two year institutional argument. By that point it was so far past mattering what the issues were that they'd actually solved the original problems & moved on to new issues. All this was fodder for the AF to try to sieze control of CAP... which was necessary cause Congress tried to save money by pulling AF out of direct command 20 years back, then out of the exec director role more recently, HOWEVER, they failed to give AF some other authority to keep things in line, & it built till it got out of control & pissed them off. Congress ended up trying to take CAP's saide & made a big mess w/ the 2000 law. Now that might get changed again, nobody really knows yet & there's other problems before we can solve that one.

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Hotel 179 on January 02, 2007, 06:32:00 AM

Semper vi, ya'll

Starrswon is the pet project of Phil Blansett and Randall Patterson. These clowns are either former or disgruntled TNWG members who really have it in for CAP to the point they're trying to form a "Congressional Committee" to revoke CAP's charter.

The website says it all about these bozos. They post information about alleged cadet abuse with a photo of a child who appears to be abused. reading the fine print details that the picture is not of a cadet at all but that of a child with a skin condition that looks like he went 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. Bait and Switch is their M.O. and they have zero credibility.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Eclipse

Its old, useless news.

Deficiencies found, changes, made, many members never even knew about it, few people involved then are still in any position of real authority, blah, blah.

Also, they knew about Pearl Harbor in advance, but let it happen, Roswell was not an alien crash, per-se, but the failure of mind-controlled test subjects who couldn't controll an alien craft captured found in Berlin at the end of WWII, JFK's murder was a conspiracy actually initiated whan Oswald was in CAP, and few people know he and Ferris went to Moscow to start an underground insurgent air patrol.

Move on.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hotel 179

Quote from: Eclipse on January 02, 2007, 08:04:32 PM
Its old, useless news.

Deficiencies found, changes, made, many members never even knew about it, few people involved then are still in any position of real authority, blah, blah.

Move on.

Bob,

The question was asked a couple of days ago by Mikelikey why nobody knew about this particular investigation and the thread was locked before I could reply there.  I posted a link to the GAO Report showing that it was not a secret, you just had to see the report.  I googled some keywords and found a link that referenced the investigation.  I clicked on it and went directly to the GAO report, never to anyone's website.  I did think that the web address looked like a hyperlink but I thought that if I went straight to the report then everyone would go straight to the report.  My post was made early in the morning and I'm not doing graduate research here, just helping out a person with a question.

As it turns out, the link led to another website hosted by some folks with an axe to grind. It was certainly not my intention to increase traffic to a non-friendly CAP bunch....lord knows I enjoy my CAP experience as much as the next person.  There are many questions asked on this forum that could be answered by a little research on their own, but folks like to ask questions.  I'm a school teacher by trade, I understand that folks don't want to dig the answers out when they can ask a question of a group and someone can answer them. 

Of course it is old news, but so is sub-chasing, target towing, and all of the other stuff from the early days.  It's called Corporate Memory.

Semper vi,
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

wingnut

The report can be found here along with many other documents, you want a neat subject look at the documents for Mobilization and ask yourself, GEE I am JUST A VOLUNTEER THEY CAN"T MAKE ME GO. . . guess again we are on the list, but don't take my word for it do your own research

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/afpubs.asp

wingnut

Here is another really good site

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/index.html

It takes some searching skill, but it can be very informative use key words such as;

Search and Rescue, Civil Air Patrol, CAP, AFRCC, mobilization etc

Smokey

My question is.....

Why in so many threads is there this rush to kill the messenger???

Seems there are an awful lot of angry folks out there.    Be careful, you may raise your blood pressure with all that anger and fail your next flight physical.

That is all.   

Carry On.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Eclipse

because to continue to connect the CAP of today with the CAP in 1998, pre-investigation, is to connect the 10's of thousands of committed volunteers who weren't even in the program when this crap that hit the fan.

Even without 9/11, the report itself, and everything that happened to generate it, is nearly a decade old!

Pick a service, or any large organization, and a scandal is easy to find.  Noboday is "clean", but it shouldn't define the organization, or be held as a sword of damacles over our heads.

"That Others May Zoom"

Johnny Yuma

This is a 9 year old complaint that for all intents and purposes went away with the Statement of Work back in 2000.

This is typical Blansett: Take a tiny bit of bad and artificially inflate it into a plot/scheme/conspiracy that CAP is evil and should be destroyed. It's best described as being pecked to death by a chicken.

Johnny Y.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Hotel 179

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 04, 2007, 02:22:06 PM
This is a 9 year old complaint that for all intents and purposes went away with the Statement of Work back in 2000.

Well, there you have it...but the original question was simply, "What complaint is everyone talking about?"

Now we all know what the complaint was....basta
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

DNall

I don't even want to explain it... nothing to be gaine dhere tho, move on.

RiverAux

Skyray

Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member