Main Menu

A plea for forgiveness

Started by AngelWings, December 17, 2010, 01:14:41 AM

AngelWings

I acted like a fool recently and would like to see if any of those offended would forgive me. I didn't ever want to offend anyone and I owe a huge amount to CAP for some of the greatest experiences in my life. I have had an ear infection, cold, and a kind of personal problem. I shouldn't have done what I did, and I certainly shouldn't have continued bickering with you like a little kid. I hold myself to a higher standard than that and I beg for your forgiveness. My attitude was not professional, I was out of line, and I really should have kept my negativity down. I try for much higher standards. May God forgive me, because I live to improve things, not ruin them.
I would love to put this incident behind me. I owe all of you an apology. I didn't say what I said with any thought, has you all might be able to tell. I might has well have been drunk or high writing that. It doesn't even make any sense to me.
My problems are being resolved rapidly, and my near future isn't seeming has grim. I do hold myself responsible and I really would like to start over. Has I wrap this up, I hope you all forgive me. That'd be better than what I get for christmas(CAP is a huge part of my life and it has been a way to extend my hand out to my community.)

cap235629

I for one appreciate your humility and look forward to your participation in an incredible organization (CAP) and a great resource (Captalk) If you ever need guidance please send me a PM.

Respectfully,
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Major Lord

I don't think that there is one of us here who has not spoken (or written) words we wish we could take back, but I rarely hear anyone apologize in such a heartfelt and sincere manner. That took some guts.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

AngelWings

Thank you. I am of much more class than to bicker and be immature. I love CAP and I don't want to see an imagine I wroked hard to achieve get smashed by a stupid move on my part that pales in comparison to my accomplishments. I'm here to improve myself, not destroy my chances with a few stupid post. Happy holidays!

AngelWings

Sorry about the spelling errors. I'm doing some homework while I write, so it just is a sign of my brain being in 2 places.

HGjunkie

That was a pretty brave act on your part. Welcome to CAP & CAPTalk, and Happy Holidays!

Also, good luck on your HW. Stuff sucks.
And if you HAVE to procrastinate, do it the right way: CAPTalk now, homework at 5am tomorrow morning. ;)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

cap235629

Quote from: Littleguy on December 17, 2010, 02:04:30 AM
Sorry about the spelling errors. I'm doing some homework while I write, so it just is a sign of my brain being in 2 places.

As a father of 2 teenagers may I say:

GET OFF THE INTERNET AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

manfredvonrichthofen

No problems here. I know I dove into you pretty hard. I have done some pretty dumb things on here as well. We ALL have. It is ok, ask questions make comments just try to use tact. Most importantly, welcome to CAP and CAPTalk. we aren't all canablistic,  just hungry. Let me know if you have a question anytime, PM's are welcome too.

HGjunkie

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 17, 2010, 02:40:08 AM
...we aren't all canablistic,  just hungry. ...

And i'm hungry like the wolf...

The fact that song popped up in my head is odd...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Tim Medeiros

No worries little guy, forgiven on my end.  I personally have said/done things that were fairly low on the intelligence stick in my time, even on here.

Like manfredvonrichthofen said, its good to ask questions and make comments, just remember to do so respectfully to all involved.

Just know your not the first to have something like this happen ;)

Like others have said, I'm open for questions you may have as you progress in your future.  I've been around the block once or twice, even on the cadet side, like many of us here.

Quote from: HGjunkie on December 17, 2010, 02:51:39 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 17, 2010, 02:40:08 AM
...we aren't all canablistic,  just hungry. ...

And i'm hungry like the wolf...

The fact that song popped up in my head is odd...
curse you! you just got that song stuck in my head! *shakes fist*  :P
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

HGjunkie

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on December 17, 2010, 02:53:00 AM
curse you! you just got that song stuck in my head! *shakes fist*  :P

That's what i'm here for.  8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

That song.. LOL, it gets even better.

It was playing when I opened up CT.. and this thread. It's still playing.  I read that line and.. "wooooaa... " LOL.

----

No harm, no foul. Ya stepped up to the plate, seemed to learn something from your actions and thats what counts.

As we all have at some point. :)

manfredvonrichthofen

Wow, I didn't even know that was a song. Who sings it and what is it called?

Persona non grata

Your a better man than most for admitting your mistake, we all have made mistakes and only one person who lived on this earth was perfect and none of us are him.  I would remember tour mistake and but put it behind you and "press on"

take care.......
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

AngelWings

a2capt

Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___KbZneQ1s
Now back to your thread of redeemed dread.

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

indygreg

Duran Duran.   The ladies sure loved them back in the day, which is probably why I hated them so much.

C-150

Nothing to forgive. We all say and do things.....that is part of life.  If I had nickel for everytime I have said something I shouldn't have I would I would have more money than the U S Treasury. I think that applies to all of us. You took a big step in admitting you were wrong.....that I admire.

meganite

Though I wasn't one of the ones offended by whatever you said, I've definitely been there, speaking foolishly and getting in fights. May courage and responsibility continue to guide you! Good luck on that homework too ;)
God bless.