Main Menu

Professional Levels

Started by captrncap, May 28, 2006, 05:18:20 AM

captrncap

For the Level III to V, does the staff or command assignment have to be continuous in one position or can they be in multiple positions? i.e. –For Level III - 6 months as Cadet Programs and 6 months as Squadron Commander. Would that count?

shorning

Quote from: captrncap on May 28, 2006, 05:18:20 AM
For the Level III to V, does the staff or command assignment have to be continuous in one position or can they be in multiple positions? i.e. –For Level III - 6 months as Cadet Programs and 6 months as Squadron Commander. Would that count?

It's combined time.  Otherwise it would be spelled out.  The key is that you need to serve in a command/staff position as indicated for each level.

arajca

And it's cumulative. You can serve the time at any point in your SM career, not only during each level. For example, I've been in for four years (this time) and, except for the six months at the beginning, I've been on staff. I have all the required staff/command service time completed to make it to Level V, even if I stop serving on staff tomorrow.

shorning

Quote from: arajca on May 28, 2006, 06:22:43 AM
And it's cumulative. You can serve the time at any point in your SM career, not only during each level.

Thanks!  I knew I forgot to include part of the explanation.