New CAP ID photo requirements

Started by Pylon, May 11, 2006, 03:47:24 PM

Pylon

Interesting.  I just received the following in an email from NHQ, regarding the photos for our future CAP Photo ID cards:

Quote1Lt Kieloch,

The following are the picture specifications for the new picture ID card. If you have already downloaded a photo for the 101 card we will need you to resubmit a photo for the new ID card due to the need for a larger file. The photos will need to be validated by your unit commander.

NOTE:
Please do not upload the new photos until after May 15th so that the dimensions can be set correctly.

Photo ID Picture Specifications:

1. The photo file size must be at least 15 to 30 kilobytes (KB). The computer will automatically resize your photo down to 30 KB if the file is over the minimum. (To determine the size of a picture - download it to your computer, right click on the file, select properties and review the item labeled size located in the center of the box.) 1MB = 1024KB

2. Taken within the past 12 months, showing current appearance

3. Must be color picture

4. Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background

5. Make sure photo presents full head

6. Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest

7. Head should be centered within the frame

8. Head should be positioned directly facing the camera

9. Eyes should be open and looking at the camera

10. Must be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head

11. Taken in normal street attire or appropriate CAP uniform

12. Headgear should not be worn

13. If normally wear prescription glasses, they should be worn for the picture.

Click here to unsubscribe

105 S Hansell, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hammer

Eclipse

What list is that off of? 

I haven't seen that.

"That Others May Zoom"

shorning

I received it as well.  It appears to have come directly from NHQ.  I don't know how they compiled the list.  I've subscribed to so many CAP-related things that it's hard to tell the true soruce.

arajca

They used the email address you provided through eServices.

dhon27

It's also posted under "e-Services News and Notices" when you log into e-Services.