Senior Membership Application

Started by TurbineTillis, March 13, 2006, 04:03:19 PM

Matt

Quote from: SKYKING607 on March 14, 2006, 06:09:11 PM
Anyone know if CAP is looking at "live-scan" for fingerprinting?

That would be awesomeness... however... I think we may need to fit it into the 20 - 50-year budget...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Pylon

While it sure has a very cool, modern "nifty" factor to it, I don't think it's practical nor needed at this point.  There are no major problems right now with members not joining or hesitating to join because it's incredibly difficult to obtain ink fingerprints.  If a member isn't motivated enough to find a local PD and get the ink job done, then he or she isn't the kind of individual I want in my squadron anyways.

Would live scan fingerprinting make it quicker to sign-up potential S'members?  Probably speed up the process by a few days, but at a huge financial cost.  Unless all the equipment organization-wide were to be donated, I don't see it as anything we need to look into.  CAP as an organization has waaay too many other areas we need to spend that kind of money on first before we'd consider a novelty investment like live-scan fingerprinting.

In my opinion, that's a solution in search of a problem and unfortunately we already have enough of those in CAP.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

pixelwonk

I'd say the likelyhood of that happening will probably coincide with the surge in member recruitment topping 30 members per squadron per month.