Main Menu

Level I

Started by sburrows, August 29, 2008, 01:54:37 PM

sburrows

I am new to CAP and eServices.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find/see where Level I has been recorded as being completed?

CAPF 11.....

thanks all!!!
Stephen Burrows, Capt., CAP
Stratford Eagles Squadron; CTWG
Squadron Finance Officer
Squadron Assistant Medical Officer

Capt M. Sherrod

You need to talk with your squadron's professional development officer or squadron commander.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

jimmydeanno

Quote from: sburrows on August 29, 2008, 01:54:37 PM
I am new to CAP and eServices.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find/see where Level I has been recorded as being completed?

CAPF 11.....

thanks all!!!

If you are trying to figure out if your Level I has been recieved and recorded, log into e-services. (www.capnhq.gov), on the left side there is a link called "member search." - click it.

Fill in the fields for your CAPID, etc.

When the results show up, click the "view" link.  When your record appears, it should be listed under the "training" tab.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ßτε

On the left hand side there is a link for Member Search. Click on it.

Either enter your CAPID and press TAB or enter your name and click in the Click to Search by Name link.

You should be listed toward the bottom. Click on the view link.

Select the Training tab. It should list all training National has a record for.

If it is not listed, follow up with your Professional Development Officer.

sburrows

jimmydeanno & bte,

Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!

Squadron Finance Officer

stratoflyer

Welcome to the CAP senior member corps...

an excellent place to learn the virtue of patience!  ;)
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

sburrows

Quote from: stratoflyer on August 30, 2008, 06:10:10 AM
Welcome to the CAP senior member corps...

an excellent place to learn the virtue of patience!  ;)

I am quickly learning...... in some ways, CAP is more 'military' than 'military-like'
Squadron Finance Officer

Pylon

You also mentioned the Form 11 in your original post.  The Form 11 is the "sign in sheet/completion log" that the person organizing the professional development training sends into Wing HQ/National HQ to get your training completion logged.   It can't hurt to ensure a copy of the Form 11 is placed in your personnel folder, but not necessary - a print-out of E-services showing completion is also just as good proof. 

You should also update your master record (the pink cardstock jacket) in your file with the completion date of your Level I (and other training completions as you do them). If your unit has an active personnel officer, he or she may already do this in conjunction with the professional development officer.  If not, it's your responsibility to make sure your file is updated.  :)

As with everything in CAP, I highly recommend keeping a copy of everything for yourself at home - completion certificates, paperwork, personnel authorizations, etc.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

The home copy is especially critical for anything unusual or not recorded on eServices, because inevitably those are the things people try to substantiate 5 years after and no one remembers.

Decorations, Form 2's and 2a's, certificates from participation at encampments, wing conferences, or directorships / instructor service at SLS/CLC's are the things that pop up regularly as "missing" and people need those for progression and promotion.

"That Others May Zoom"

Cecil DP

Quote from: Eclipse on September 03, 2008, 02:27:47 PM
The home copy is especially critical for anything unusual or not recorded on eServices, because inevitably those are the things people try to substantiate 5 years after and no one remembers.

Decorations, Form 2's and 2a's, certificates from participation at encampments, wing conferences, or directorships / instructor service at SLS/CLC's are the things that pop up regularly as "missing" and people need those for progression and promotion.

When you maintain your own file-KEEP the Originals!! The copies go to the unit.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

sburrows

Quote from: Cecil DP on September 04, 2008, 03:16:19 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 03, 2008, 02:27:47 PM

When you maintain your own file-KEEP the Originals!! The copies go to the unit.

Already started!!! But greatly appreciate the advice.
Squadron Finance Officer

LtCol057

Definitely keep your own file at home. If you get out of CAP, and some time later decide to come back in and request grade reinstatement, NHQ will require proof that you were such-and-such grade in the past. 
We have a former member that got out after 2 years. Now 7 years later, has come back in with another squadron. He wants copies of his old files. Problem is that his file was destroyed last year. They were held the requisite 5 years during which he never requested them.  Basically told him he's SOL, but I'll see if I can find anything. Not very likely tho.