Basic Cadet School

Started by DougHolland, April 11, 2008, 07:01:00 PM

DougHolland

Does each Wing usually have only one BCS each year and can cadets attend another Wings BCS if they missed the opportunity to attend BCS in their state?

I'm a senior member who has worked on cadet programs for a year or so now, although my daughter just joined CAP recently and missed the chance to go to the California Wing BCS and she'd like to attend BCS this year if possible.

Does anyone know of any good BCS schools where the application date hasn't yet passed for 2008?

Thanks in advance,

Doug Holland, 2nd LT, CAP

IceNine

There really is no "basic cadet school" formally.

There are quite a few wings that host events geared towards green cadets.  But the only formal training plan that is CAP as an organization recognizes for basic cadet training is the encampment curriculum. 

Most wings host an encampment during the summer.  Your best option is to check your wing website for specific answers to your questions
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Ned

Doug,

CAWG invariably has two or more BCSs per year.  Although it hasn't been scheduled yet, I'm confident there will be another one held in the fall time-frame.

And as has been mentioned, both you and your daughter should strongly consider applying for the CAWG encampment being held in San Luis Obispo this summer.

You'll both have a great time!

Ned Lee
Director of Cadet Programs, Pacific Region

flyguy06

My Wing does not have a Basic Cadet School. Usually each Squadron runs a Basci cadert weekend and all units dont do that. Just a few.

Tubacap

We do a Basic Cadet Orientation Program, although I have found that the new Great Start Program is an outstanding indoctrination program for our incoming cadets.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

DC

FLWG periodically holds "Camp Curry", a weekend event focused on helping cadets earn their Curry.

My squadron is now doing an eight week Basic Cadet Training program.

cadet zimmerman

Sir the california wign holds BCS twice a year once in the winter and once in the summer. at travis
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

JayT

Quote from: cadet zimmerman on May 16, 2008, 03:33:55 AM
Sir the california wign holds BCS twice a year once in the winter and once in the summer. at travis

Sir, California Wing holds a BCS twice a year. Once in the winter, and once in the summer. Both are held at Travis AFB.

See the difference?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Gunner C

Does it rain more in New York or in the spring?  :angel:

mikeylikey

Quote from: JThemann on May 17, 2008, 09:34:59 PM
Quote from: cadet zimmerman on May 16, 2008, 03:33:55 AM

Sir, California Wing holds a BCS twice a year. Once in the winter, and once in the summer. Both are held at Travis AFB.

See the difference?

Jerk.
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

It would appear that this thread is done.
Mike Johnston