punishment

Started by cadet zimmerman, March 07, 2008, 11:19:22 PM

Kal

Yeah, our senior staff either encourages it, or isn't paying attention enough to know what is happening.  I keep trying to do something about it, but no one pays any attention to me anymore because I actually try to look at the regs and follow them. What a concept.

DC

Where do you fit in your squadrons organization? Are you just an element member, or do you hold a staff position?

If you are just in a flight, talk to your element leader, convince them, then move on. Be tactful in how you do it, going up to cadets with a lot more experience than you and telling them they are wrong is not going to generate results.

Kal

Flight sergeant.  No matter how tactful I try to be, they seem to be the typical dictator who are only there for the thrill of being in command.  I haven't seen anyone get past captain because by then they aren't CC anymore, and just leave. They only stay in if they are in charge.

DC

Well, start with your Flight CC, try to convince him. Once you move up to 1st Sgt you will be in a better position to make a stand. Also talk to your DCC. He is the person in the best position to put a stop to it.

Kal

I'll try, but our DCC doesn't care a whole lot. He either turns a blind eye or ignores it.  Unfortunatly, the only time we ever really changed is when we got the AF attention because of our idiot Cadet Commander. Also, my flight comm is the one who got this whole business started.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Eagle400

Quote from: Kal on March 25, 2008, 04:37:50 PM
I'll try, but our DCC doesn't care a whole lot. He either turns a blind eye or ignores it.

Ah, another DCC who delights in dropping responsibility of the squadron's cadet program into the lap of the cadet commander.

I have experienced this, and it is frustrating to say the least.  Beyond the shadow of a doubt, some people just don't "get" the CAP Cadet Program.  

Quote from: Kal on March 25, 2008, 04:37:50 PMUnfortunatly, the only time we ever really changed is when we got the AF attention because of our idiot Cadet Commander. Also, my flight comm is the one who got this whole business started.

No, the DCC is the one who got this whole business started, by failing to run the cadet program effectively.  The DCC should be effectively running the cadet program without micromanaging the cadet staff or making the C/CC do the DCC's job.

How did the problems of the squadron come to the attention of the Air Force?  This could make a good news story (send me a PM for more info).

mynetdude

Quote from: CCSE on March 25, 2008, 05:35:38 PM
Quote from: Kal on March 25, 2008, 04:37:50 PM
I'll try, but our DCC doesn't care a whole lot. He either turns a blind eye or ignores it.

Ah, another DCC who delights in dropping responsibility of the squadron's cadet program into the lap of the cadet commander.

I have experienced this, and it is frustrating to say the least.  Beyond the shadow of a doubt, some people just don't "get" the CAP Cadet Program.   

Quote from: Kal on March 25, 2008, 04:37:50 PMUnfortunatly, the only time we ever really changed is when we got the AF attention because of our idiot Cadet Commander. Also, my flight comm is the one who got this whole business started.

No, the DCC is the one who got this whole business started, by failing to run the cadet program effectively.  The DCC should be effectively running the cadet program without micromanaging the cadet staff or making the C/CC do the DCC's job.

How did the problems of the squadron come to the attention of the Air Force?  This could make a good news story (send me a PM for more info).

^^ I'd be real careful with this, Kai needs to be careful too... some of you already saw what happened to me recently for stating something about someone, but Kai's comments about his DCC is far worse than the assumptions I made.

So really... I'd back off and not even bring this up as a newsworthy item... CAP doesn't need bad press.

Kal

Ok. Sounds good to me.