Main Menu

Shortening the belt

Started by Blitzy, December 10, 2018, 02:43:07 AM

Blitzy

Any suggestions on shortening the ABU belt from Vanguard? I assumed perhaps I could shorten the length of the belt from the velcro side by cutting, sealing off by melting, and then re-sewing on velcro. On the other hand, could de-attach the metal looper, cut off desired length, and re-sew on. Any opinions on this, or further suggestions?

I_Am_Twigs

I had this same issue. If you want the easiest way then just buy a new belt. The process is just tedious and not worth it.

This belt will work perfectly fine, it's the same kind I use.

https://www.patriotoutfitters.com/trugunner-desert-sand-plain-bdu-belt?PMOPV1=DES&PMOPV2=LG&PMSRCE=92350007&gclid=CjwKCAiAl7PgBRBWEiwAzFhmmjJ9o19GK9Yl7HEMh9UvcjnWDAQGg9ZJvlJ03MRMhKrkrEYwRvnwJhoCOU0QAvD_BwE
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

TheSkyHornet

I agree; get a new belt. You'll screw up the woven fabric and cause all sorts of hassles.

I don't use the Velcro, but mine was issued with ACUs way back. I had a black one for the BDU with the Velcro when I first joined, and I like the non-Velcro a lot better.