What to do with completed rocketry "Squadron Commander's Approval" forms?

Started by sp.skyranger, August 12, 2018, 06:41:26 PM

sp.skyranger

A cadet has recently led other cadets through the Redstone, Titan, and Saturn stages, and I have completed forms for them. I am not sure what to do with the completed forms. Anyone know? Many thanks from a newbie.

arajca

MacGruff

Give those cadets that completed all that work the Model Rocketry badge at the next ceremony and then annotate that in their files.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on August 12, 2018, 09:31:21 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 12, 2018, 09:03:45 PM
Quote from: arajca on August 12, 2018, 06:43:42 PM
Put Scan them into their electronic personnel files.

FTFY - $0
Not every unit has electronic files.

Every unit needs to, and the sooner the better.

Not to mention that the need for >any< personnel files is essentially zero, there is really nothing
of consequence that needs to be in a dead folder in someone's trunk, or even as a .pdf cluttering up my cloud.

Everything important is in eservices.

FWIW, I define "important" as membership, PD, or ES related.  Everything else is "nice to have" but not needed.

"That Others May Zoom"

MacGruff

Unfortunately, I do not believe achieving the Model Rocketry badge is in the Cadet's eServices records. :-(

I may be wrong on that count though...

Eclipse

Quote from: MacGruff on August 13, 2018, 08:21:53 PM
Unfortunately, I do not believe achieving the Model Rocketry badge is in the Cadet's eServices records. :-(

I believe you are correct, but it falls into "not important" - award the badge, and give the cadet the
paperwork as necessary. 

It can't be worn as an adult, and nothing towards promotion, so why retain it?

With that said, since a "personnel file" is still required, online is where it belongs.

I was just making the point that at this stage, there's so little value in all that paper considering the
effort and angst around them at inspection time.

"That Others May Zoom"