Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 07:17:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Senior Member Application Processing Times?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Senior Member Application Processing Times?  (Read 1334 times)
WhaleDriver

« on: January 26, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »

How long does it take NHQ to process Senior Member applications?
MacGruff
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 08:12:02 PM »

My experiences over the past four years is that if all the paperwork is in order, we see a CAPID come through about 10 days after we mail the application packet to NHQ.  Sometimes a few days shorter, sometimes a few days longer. I always tell new recruits to expect two weeks.

Having said that, if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

WhaleDriver

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »

Thanks. I hope my papers are in order.
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:27:02 PM »

What's the hurry?
WhaleDriver

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 11:12:29 PM »

I've got a tight slot to fit Level 1 in between recurrent training and the birth of a kid.
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »

I've got a tight slot to fit Level 1 in between recurrent training and the birth of a kid.

Rule #1: Don't let CAP interfere with "real life". Level 1 will still be there when your life calms down a bit.
Fester

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 10:56:32 PM »

My experiences over the past four years is that if all the paperwork is in order, we see a CAPID come through about 10 days after we mail the application packet to NHQ.  Sometimes a few days shorter, sometimes a few days longer. I always tell new recruits to expect two weeks.

Having said that, if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

+/- 10 days to get a CAPID.  How long for eServices activation?
"Fester," 1st Lt, CAP
Yeager Award - 18
Eaker Award - 96

TXWG CAC - 96 (Vice Chair), 97 (Chair)
Encampments (CAWG, TXWG, OKWG) - 93, 94, 95, 96 (x2), 97
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »

They are pretty much done at the same time. You'll show up in eServices before you get a membership card. Your CC, or some other staff officer can tell you your CAPID, and you're ready to rock and roll.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
kcebnaes
Forum Regular

Unit: GLR-OH-064

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »

..., if anything is WRONG with the application or paperwork, it gets mailed back to the Squadron Commander and the timer starts again...

In my experience of messing up a couple applications, they will send both the CC and the member an email with a deadline to respond. As long as you're prompt in the response, it'll be processed that day or the next.
Maj Sean Beck
Ohio Wing
Director of Personnel
Group VI Commander
MacGruff
Seasoned Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »

Happens pretty much at the same time. As soon as a CAPID is available in eServices, you can have at it.
J2H
Forum Regular

Unit: MER-MD-031

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:01 AM »

Can we use LiveScan for fingerprints?  It looks like MD now does LiveScan instead of ink.
Jeffrey Hughes
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031
Maryland Wing
Middle East Region
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Senior Member Application Processing Times?