Main Menu

id card photo

Started by RiverAux, November 18, 2017, 01:13:34 PM

RiverAux

So, despite strong reservations I renewed my membership.  Well, I get my new id card and it didn't have a photo on it and in the photo space it says "No photo available".  I have had a photo in the system for many many years and I checked and it is still there when I check eservices.  Any ideas on what the deal is? 

Holding Pattern

The system identified that you were too happy with CAP and threw a wrench in the program.

More seriously, the system probably detected on one side that the photo was over 2 years old, but didn't reflect that in e-services even though the printer was aware of it.

Spam

Not saying your photo wasn't complaint but,...

Possibly, someone in your chain of command may have purged photos that weren't compliant to the standards. I just did a survey of our Wings photos and we identified some real prize winning non compliants (HOLY COW!) that we'll get around to purging (we've got higher priorities right now to get UCC and TLC classes going, I just did this during a telecom that was boring and let me surf the photo database while listening).

For that minority, it looked like one of those "bad prom photo" memes...  :angel:  Recommend just taking a fresh one that meets the examples shown in the module, and upload it. (I need to delete/refresh my own one)!

V/r
Spam

Spam

PS, thanks for renewing. We need guys like you.

R/s
Spam

etodd

Yes, the server most likely sees the 'upload date' as being old. So if you still like the photo, simply upload it again. It will have a new date at that point. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

RiverAux

Photo was compliant. 

I can buy that we want new photos, but if this is an automatic system function to not put them on an id card, you would think there would be an automatic prompt of the CAP member to upload a new photo at that time.  Which is worse -- not having a photo at all on your ID card (but still have it valid) or having an old photo? 

The thing is -- when I go to eservices my photo is still there.  If it is too old to be on the ID card, shouldn't it have been deleted from the system?

RiverAux

Apparently this was a somewhat widespread problem.  Received email from HQ about it and they said another was on the way.  Received another card with out a photo.  Received another email saying that they know the second card was messed up and a third card was on the way....

PHall

Question is, who's screwing up, CAP or the contractor who actually makes the cards?

GaryJSO

I've seen some weird delays between the point at which a photo is validated in eServices and when it shows up on ID cards, or at least on 101 cards.  I uploaded an "official" CAP photo for cadet son for his 101 card when he started his ES training shortly after he joined in 2014.  He had just turned 13, and he'll be 17 in Jan, so last month, I decided it was definitely past time for a new pic.  I uploaded it and got it validated on a Saturday, and printed off his new 101 card.  The next morning, I inadvertently pulled up his 101 page in eServices, and saw that his old picture was back.  I went to the Photo Admin module, and his new picture was right where it was supposed to be.  Back to OpsQuals, his 101 card still showed the old pic.  Thinking it might be a browser issue, so I logged onto another computer; same result.  I even printed his 101 card again; it still showed the old pic.

I checked his 101 pic on three different computers that Mon and Tues and it was still jacked up.  On Weds, I started typing out a help desk ticket, and decided to check once more before hitting send.  Good thing: the 101 picture was now the new one.

BL: I think the system sometimes lags communicating info between the Photo Admin and the 101 module; presumably it can do the same for the membership card process.  In your case, it appears they processed your new ID card before your existing photo migrated from archives to your reactivated record.

I'd suggest shooting an email to membershipservices@capnhq.gov and point out the problem.  I imagine they' issue you a new ID card for gratis.
<<Whoops, I just read the thread more closely, see you've already done that>>
Welcome back!

Gary