Cap driver license age requirement

Started by darkmatter, October 22, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

darkmatter

I did find a topic about cap driver license but it's locked, any way.

I've looked at the transportation reg and couldn't find out whether or not cap has a age restriction for seniors to hold a cap drivers license. I have heard multiple times either 25 or no just have to be a senior as a response. Can some one confirm for me about age restrictions? Thanks

abdsp51

18 for a license however you can not drive cadets around unless you are 21.

NIN

I have heard this "25" thing bandied about before, even in my own wing.

I flat out asked my transportation officer where he got that from.

"Its wing policy!"

Nobody could produce said wing policy.

My 22 year old Leadership Officer (who, at the time, drove an armored car for a living) was approved.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

darkmatter

When I was told "25" in the contested of the conversation it was purely them thinking it was national not a wing policy but thanks to everyone here I found that it is 18 to drive but 21 to drive with other people (cadet or seniors) in the vans

NIN that's kind of fun you mention a 22 yr leadership officer because that it's me minus am armor car driver

NIN

Quote from: darkmatter on October 22, 2017, 06:41:51 PM
When I was told "25" in the contested of the conversation it was purely them thinking it was national not a wing policy but thanks to everyone here I found that it is 18 to drive but 21 to drive with other people (cadet or seniors) in the vans

NIN that's kind of fun you mention a 22 yr leadership officer because that it's me minus am armor car driver

Yeah, it kind of annoys me when people sort of "make up" a policy and can't actually back it up.

If there's a policy and a reason behind it, hey, cool. I'm all about it. Salute and execute.

But if there's not an actual policy, then my 22 year old leadership officer gets told "No" but my 23 year old AEO pilot sails right thru because of spotty enforcement of a non-existent policy. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on October 22, 2017, 07:51:08 PM
But if there's not an actual policy, then my 22 year old leadership officer gets told "No" but my 23 year old AEO pilot sails right thru because of spotty enforcement of a non-existent policy. :)

No, it's because he just did his F5 with the DO, who has the golden mouse for the CAP DL, and
punched it when he approved the check ride.

Duh, how long have you been in CAP?

"That Others May Zoom"

darkmatter

The best advise I have ever been given is if you need the application and fast just submit a cap fourm $100 with the paper work.