Fremont CAP designated Incident Command Post

Started by Eclipse, September 17, 2017, 01:47:34 AM

Eclipse

http://fremonttribune.com/news/local/fremont-cap-designated-incident-command-post/article_5b64e091-3643-5d01-8307-598815abec5a.html

"In the case that a major disaster ever occurred in a Midwestern state in the U.S., the Fremont Municipal Airport would become a hub for emergency response communication and coordination.

Recently the Fremont Cadet Squadron headquarters at the Fremont Airport was designated one of seven major disaster Incident Command Posts for the Civil Air Patrol (CAP)."

Fremont will be the lead Incident Command Post (ICP) for any major disaster between the Canadian border to the northern Oklahoma border and between the eastern Wyoming border to the western border of Indiana.

Um...?

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

So Kim now has seven targets on his map?  :clap:
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Spam

CAP9907

So... where are the other 6? I have not seen anything Official from National listing these sites, although I well may have missed it...
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Commo

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2017, 01:47:34 AM
http://fremonttribune.com/news/local/fremont-cap-designated-incident-command-post/article_5b64e091-3643-5d01-8307-598815abec5a.html

Recently the Fremont Cadet Squadron headquarters at the Fremont Airport was designated one of seven major disaster Incident Command Posts for the Civil Air Patrol (CAP)."

Am I the only one surprised that headquarters is at a cadet squadron, and not a composite or senior squadron?  Is Fremont Airport a prime location for some reason?

Commo

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Commo on September 17, 2017, 10:45:21 PM

Am I the only one surprised that headquarters is at a cadet squadron, and not a composite or senior squadron?  Is Fremont Airport a prime location for some reason?

Guess so!

QuoteTo ensure systems are up to par the Fremont squadron headquarters have upgraded antennas and have changed their communication equipment to encrypted output radios.
One of the reasons Fremont was chosen as a major disaster ICP is the level of experience of the personnel at the Fremont squadron, with one of the most experienced Incident Commanders in the CAP being a member of the local squadron.
Another reason is the level of support provided to the Fremont Cadet Squadron by the City of Fremont, and their working relationship between local law enforcement and the fire department.

GaryVC

Please include the state next time when an article like this appears. I have discovered this Fremont is in Nebraska. Prior to this the only one I had heard of was in California.

Майор Хаткевич

I guess they've got a big talker at the squadron: http://us92.com/local-news/fremont-civil-air-patrol-on-standby-for-deployment-to-texas/

QuoteFREMONT – The Fremont Civil Air Patrol is gearing up to deploy to Texas.Due to the high level of experience and knowledge with missing person search, plus being a well-equipped team, the Fremont unit is near the top of a short list of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) units being activated for deployment. Colonel with the Civil Air Patrol, Steve Kuddes says the deployment was delayed for a few reasons.
"As the flooding went down, they determined that with the infrastructure damage to roads and some water that still remains it was going to be nearly impossible to use any of the Ground Team resources," said Kuddes. "So what they were really looking for at that point was the Air Crews to do aerial photography. That's why the Ground Team didn't go out."
::) ::) ::) 

Oh lordy:

QuoteColonel Kuddes added there was also an issue with lodging and feeding the team. Due to the state cutting the state appropriation to CAP to zero, the team has less money to pay for their lodging, and tent camping is not available due to red fire ants.[/size]He says he doesn't know exactly when the team will be deployed, but they will be prepared and will be on standby for the next few weeks.
[/color][/size]"We still are on standby. There is some work down there that needs to be done yet, and the Incident Command staff they have down there does get tired after a while," said Kuddes. "And I do have experience with that with Hurricane Katrina and also with Deep Water Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. So we'll be on standby to go down probably for the next three to five weeks."
[/color][/size]The team is made up of five specially trained members, and deployment is expected to take seven to ten days.

jeders

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on September 18, 2017, 03:05:35 PM
I guess they've got a big talker at the squadron: http://us92.com/local-news/fremont-civil-air-patrol-on-standby-for-deployment-to-texas/

QuoteFREMONT – The Fremont Civil Air Patrol is gearing up to deploy to Texas.Due to the high level of experience and knowledge with missing person search, plus being a well-equipped team, the Fremont unit is near the top of a short list of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) units being activated for deployment. Colonel with the Civil Air Patrol, Steve Kuddes says the deployment was delayed for a few reasons.
"As the flooding went down, they determined that with the infrastructure damage to roads and some water that still remains it was going to be nearly impossible to use any of the Ground Team resources," said Kuddes. "So what they were really looking for at that point was the Air Crews to do aerial photography. That's why the Ground Team didn't go out."
::) ::) ::) 

Oh lordy:

QuoteColonel Kuddes added there was also an issue with lodging and feeding the team. Due to the state cutting the state appropriation to CAP to zero, the team has less money to pay for their lodging, and tent camping is not available due to red fire ants.[/size]He says he doesn't know exactly when the team will be deployed, but they will be prepared and will be on standby for the next few weeks.
[/color][/size]"We still are on standby. There is some work down there that needs to be done yet, and the Incident Command staff they have down there does get tired after a while," said Kuddes. "And I do have experience with that with Hurricane Katrina and also with Deep Water Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. So we'll be on standby to go down probably for the next three to five weeks."
[/color][/size]The team is made up of five specially trained members, and deployment is expected to take seven to ten days.

Just no.

No ground teams were used because the State of Texas never requested us to send ground teams.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

LSThiker

Was not Col Kuddes the NCR Commander before Col Aye? Or at some point prior?

PHall

Quote from: GaryVC on September 18, 2017, 03:04:39 PM
Please include the state next time when an article like this appears. I have discovered this Fremont is in Nebraska. Prior to this the only one I had heard of was in California.

There's a few other Fremonts in other states too.

Spam

I'm confused how his state funding getting cut to zero impacts their ability to deploy to Texas on a federal  mission. Is this an attempt to use the incident to argue to restore their local funding?

Coupled with his apparent assumption that One Simply Does Not Camp In the South Due to Fire Ants (sounds like a new Boromir LOTR meme to me), both my eyebrows are raised at this point!

LSThiker

Quote from: Spam on September 18, 2017, 04:51:22 PM
One Simply Does Not Camp In the South Due to Fire Ants

I was stumped by that as well.  I guess I have been tent camping in fire ant regions wrong all these years.  Although, I freely admit that I have switched from tent camping to hammock camping, but that was not due to fire ants or any other venomous insects. 

A.Member

Those articles and comments by Col Kuddes help illustrate exactly what is wrong with this organization.  [Deleted inappropriate comment.]
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: A.Member on September 18, 2017, 05:14:39 PM
Those articles and comments by Col Kuddes help illustrate exactly what is wrong with this organization.  [Deleted inappropriate comment.]

And he's a full bird that talks a big game. Perhaps too big for his uniform.

PHall

Quote from: LSThiker on September 18, 2017, 04:59:34 PM
Quote from: Spam on September 18, 2017, 04:51:22 PM
One Simply Does Not Camp In the South Due to Fire Ants

I was stumped by that as well.  I guess I have been tent camping in fire ant regions wrong all these years.  Although, I freely admit that I have switched from tent camping to hammock camping, but that was not due to fire ants or any other venomous insects.

Not that a hammock would slow down the fire ants! :o

Matthew Congrove

I wonder if this colonel got permission from the Harvey PIO to talk to the press about CAP's response and his anticipated ground-team deployment on the mission... ???

Yeah, right.

We would've shut that down posthaste.
Lt. Col. Matthew Congrove, CAP

SarDragon

And we're done here, too.

Y'all need to start playing nice, IAW the Membership Code of Conduct. Bad-mouthing our leaders publicly certainly doesn't fit the expected professional behavior.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret