arajca

PHall

Quote from: Ned on August 27, 2017, 01:11:25 AM
TSM & BS

I need to get out more.

Sigh

Winner, winner Chicken Dinner!

SarDragon

Except that the lines weren't exactly the same in the two movies.

TSM had this: Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

BS had only this: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

[/pedantic rant]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: Adam B on August 25, 2017, 01:03:26 PM

But wait, if we don't have MPs, how do you explain all those blue berets?

Don't.... don't poke that bear please....  :angel: >:D ::)
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

CAPLTC

I have seen, and I am SURE others have too, CAP LE badges and creds. I can remember, plain as day, a SM showing me a CAP badge in 1992/1993 at an airshow in Western PA.
100% sure they were self-ordered/self-produced but some unsavory characters out there had them and used them for whatever purpose.
Same as the blue/red lights that popped up on CAP vehicles every now and then back in the day.
Unprofessional... and a bit nutty.

Quote from: Adam B on August 23, 2017, 03:01:50 PM
I found this online:

Did CAP actually have a police force at one point, or was that just a custom made novelty?

Being under the Office of Civilian Defense, I could imagine how CAP resources might have been used for air raid preparedness and blackout enforcement, but those duties should have fallen on the actual OCD Aux Police Corp and Air Raid Wardens.

So did CAP Police exist, and if they did, what was their purpose?
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

catrulz

Okay, embarrassed to admit this, but "Troop Beverley Hills"  "We don't need no stinking badges"

Hawk200

I remember seeing the CAP Guard patch. Don't know much about the program. Here's one that appears to be in felt.

Allegedly, the individuals were armed, and basically pulled flightline security on AAC (and AAF) airfields. What Air Force Security Police does these days.

I'd love to get a hold of one for collecting purposes, and learn a little more about that program. I would not want to see someone try to create any program today that mirrors that one.

radioguy

Quote from: SarDragon on August 26, 2017, 11:38:52 PM
Speaking of lines, we got to do basic crowd control at the 1964 Dem Convention in Atlantic City. Make a line of folks in uniforms (Likely Shade 1s) and keep the crowd from advancing into the street. The crowds were actually pretty civilized back then, and played nicely.

Hey... Wow!  I was there as well.  Our little group (from Cape May County) worked with the local street cops for traffic control, south of the Convention Center.   It was truly a different world then.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: catrulz on November 12, 2017, 10:08:43 AM
Okay, embarrassed to admit this, but "Troop Beverley Hills"  "We don't need no stinking badges"

Sorry to be late to the party. But you're officially kicked out for that reference.

....and it was the Treasure of the Sierre Madres long before Shelley Long was a waitress.