Can chaplains be on Review/Promotion/Membership boards?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, July 06, 2016, 02:17:41 AM

Chappie

Regarding the auditing....there is now a drop-down for CDIs and Chaplains to use to record the cadet, the lesson and date the lesson was presented in eServices.

Here is just a snapshot of how many CDI and Chaplain Appointments have been made since November of 2015 (I could go back further but a six-month period is reflective of what is taking place.   You can also refer to the issues of "The Transmitter" to see what has transpired: http://capchaplain.com/transmitter-newsletter/ )

November 2015-January 2016:  23 CDIs - 7 Chaplains
February 2016-March 2016: 33 CDIs - 8 Chaplains
April 2016-June 2016: 38 CDIs - 10 Chaplains

Each of these appointments are individuals who are following their respective Specialty Track (CDI - CAPP 225 and Chaplain - CAPP 221), and follow the regs (hopefully...otherwise they will be counseled and face certain consequences should they fail to abide by the regs), which means there is a greater deal of accountability in our cadets receiving the required training in Character Development.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Eclipse

Quote from: Chappie on July 19, 2016, 04:44:23 PM
Each of these appointments are individuals who are following their respective Specialty Track (CDI - CAPP 225 and Chaplain - CAPP 221), and follow the regs

Unless you have quantifiable data to the contrary I would be dubious regarding this - there may be that many appointments, but
I highly doubt the majority are pursuing the CDI track.  I know a fair number in my parts sought the appointment to be able to facilitate the
discussions, but are already on other tracks and have no interest in the CDI track.

"That Others May Zoom"

Chappie

Quote from: Eclipse on July 19, 2016, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: Chappie on July 19, 2016, 04:44:23 PM
Each of these appointments are individuals who are following their respective Specialty Track (CDI - CAPP 225 and Chaplain - CAPP 221), and follow the regs

Unless you have quantifiable data to the contrary I would be dubious regarding this - there may be that many appointments, but
I highly doubt the majority are pursuing the CDI track.  I know a fair number in my parts sought the appointment to be able to facilitate the
discussions, but are already on other tracks and have no interest in the CDI track.

Time will tell...you may have anecdotal (" I know a fair number in my parts sought the appointment to be able to facilitate the
discussions, but are already on other tracks and have no interest in the CDI track.") matter that may raised doubts...but I can share with you that I have received messages from new appointees expressing intent/asking questions about pursuing the 225 specialty track as well as seeing a greater number of CDIs attending this year's round of Chaplain Corps Region Staff Colleges.   There were a couple of staff colleges (PCR being one of them...which I attended, having been a former PCR HC) where CDIs outnumbered the Chaplains.   This was a first.  And it is also interesting to note that many of these CDIs have already met the RSC requirement for Level 4 and were there to enhance their professional development as a CDI.   And we were prepared for that in that the past few years, the curriculum of the CCRSC is geared for all members of the Chaplain Corps to better create teamwork.

Chappie

Unless Eclipse has any objections...I think he and I steered this thread off in a different direction than the OP had in mind :)...he and I can continue our discussion offline so we can return to the original thread, do a spin-off or lock it.  Moderator and OP's choice :)