CAP Emergency Operations Plan

Started by RiverAux, April 28, 2007, 12:44:48 AM

RiverAux

Go to eservices, then look in the national minutes/agenda section for the may meeting. 

thefischNX01

Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

badger bob

QuoteEach CAP region should designate a CAP van as an aircrew resource kit (ARK) that would include an
emergency generator with ten day's of fuel and oil, extension cords, CAP radios, ICS forms, one CAP laptop,
ten gallons of additional van fuel, portable air pump, 30 gallons of potable water, 60 MREs (or equivalent),
three sets of portable tie downs, tent(s) to sleep at least six, three sleeping bags, two flashlights with extra
batteries, aircraft oil and minor consumables, chain saw, etc., that could deploy to a CAP staging area and could
support three aircrew members for ten days

Each wing should have a designated vehicle.  Oh I got it.....how about those new trailers that each wing is getting!  Does anyone have one yet?  PAWG has 8!

Let me think
Support a single 172 for 10 days in a Katrina no power situation
10 days x 10 hours x 8 gal/hr = 800 gal av gas x 7lbs= 5600 lbs av gas
10 days x 24 hours x 2 gal/hr= 500 gal generator gas = 3500 lbs generator fuel

Sounds like a commercial drivers license with hazardous cargo endorsements and a 2 1/2 to pull it
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

DNall

Quote from: badger bob on May 02, 2007, 12:03:16 PM

QuoteEach CAP region should designate a CAP van as an aircrew resource kit (ARK) that would include an
emergency generator with ten day's of fuel and oil, extension cords, CAP radios, ICS forms, one CAP laptop,
ten gallons of additional van fuel, portable air pump, 30 gallons of potable water, 60 MREs (or equivalent),
three sets of portable tie downs, tent(s) to sleep at least six, three sleeping bags, two flashlights with extra
batteries, aircraft oil and minor consumables, chain saw, etc., that could deploy to a CAP staging area and could

Each wing should have a designated vehicle.  Oh I got it.....how about those new trailers that each wing is getting!  Does anyone have one yet?  PAWG has 8!

Let me think

Sounds like a commercial drivers license with hazardous cargo endorsements and a 2 1/2 to pull it
yep

JC004

Quote from: badger bob on May 02, 2007, 12:03:16 PM

Each wing should have a designated vehicle.  Oh I got it.....how about those new trailers that each wing is getting!  Does anyone have one yet?  PAWG has 8!

Let me think

Is this even feasible?  Plus the other stuff on that list?  YIKES!  Come on, Maxwell!