Cadet Sponsor Member

Started by MHuff38, March 26, 2014, 04:57:50 PM

MHuff38

Does anyone know of any rule or regulation that would prohibit a cadet sponsor member from riding along as an observer/photographer with a ground team on a SAREX? He's not really interested in active membership, but has enjoyed the program with his grandson. Any info would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time this has come up with our squadron.

Storm Chaser

Anyone participating in a mission, including a SAREX, must have at a minimum GES. That would preclude a CSM from participating, even as an observer. CSM participation is restricted by CAPR 39-2. They can only ride or drive a COV in support of those approved tasks.

sardak

It's even more specific than that in 60-3 para 2.3 e. General Emergency Services (GES). To participate in emergency services training or operations, personnel must be current traditional members (not patrons, cadet sponsors, AEMs, or legislative members) having completed level one and cadet protection training (senior members) or achievement one (cadets).

Mike

MHuff38

Thanks for the information. I will pass it along.

a2capt

Convert the sponsor membership to a senior member, complete Level I, and do not become a 'drag' on the unit, keep 'safety current' and participate where they like.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on March 26, 2014, 07:21:42 PM
Convert the sponsor membership to a senior member, complete Level I, and do not become a 'drag' on the unit, keep 'safety current' and participate where they like.

Wouldn't a CSM have to be safety current as well?

"That Others May Zoom"