False Distress Call Costs Ohio Man 3 Months, $500,000 in Restitution

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 20, 2013, 05:33:03 AM

♠SARKID♠

Garibaldi

There was a girl who lived across the street from us, who had a CB radio. My dad was a member of the local REACT, that monitored channel 9 for emergency traffic. This girl would, out of boredom, transmit false emergency messages. She was caught because my dad asked her her name and she gave my sister's name. Busted. I don't know what became of her, but we didn't see much of her after that. I heard her parents got a hefty fine for her actions.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Critical AOA

That is so much worse than the clowns who call 911 because the fast food place screwed up their order.  Where do these people come from and can we stop them from breeding? 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Flying Pig

Ive had people call about refusing to pay their bill at Dennys because the waitress brought them the wrong order....... and conveniently forgot to mention they ATE it and then complained when they had to pay.  Yes...... they are everywhere.  When the hand cuffs come out, miraculously so does their $20 bill.  Wierdest coincidence it is.