Initial Action Plans Required by the ICS

Started by Luis R. Ramos, January 20, 2013, 05:55:42 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Hi-

I am planning an ES training for my squadron using ICS forms.

I found two maps I want to include in the Initial Action Plan, and have been able to copy as part of an ICS 201 form. One is a road map with the site address. Another is a sketch of the area itself.

Cannot have both on one ICS 201, as the letter font becomes too small for readability.

What would you do? I am tempted to have two ICS 201, one with a copy of map 1 and the other with a copy of map2.

Is that "proper?"

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SJFedor

Any reason why you can't just attach it to the 201, and in your narrative on the IAP, just reference "Map 1" or "Map 2" that are attached?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Luis R. Ramos

Well, I wanted to have both as a computer file together. However being so that I have one already on an ICS 201, I guess I could attach the other to it with tape. The second one is also a file, not in a 201.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Scan the map clearly.

Create a .pdf

Add maps & 201s, etc. to .PDF.

Profit!

(Note: Maps and similar that are too large for a scanner can be pinned to a wall and photographed to create a .pdf).

We've been doing that with mission records, and I've been doing that with my kids art for years.

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

We use IAPs for our encampment every year. We often use up to 4 or 5 maps with them. For instance, our master IAP has a B&W map of Camp Lincoln(our encampment sight) printed into the provided part of the ICS 201(pg 1). Additional maps can added by printing them out, copying them, and including them in you plan packet. As long as you aren't changing the format or layout of the forms that is perfectly fine.

When we have an off base activity, I often include a one page Google map printout showing the route highlighted and destination and add that to the packet.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006