Ground Team Member's Handbook

Started by mamadinos, February 08, 2007, 04:17:49 AM

mamadinos

A Ground Team Member's Handbook is required for the 24-hour pack.  Does anyone know where our squadron can get copies of them in a fairly small durable book?
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

lordmonar

Down load them from here.

Transfer it to a CD/thumb drive....take it to Kinks/Office Max/Office Depot and have them print it up anyway you like.

I got all three task guides done up in 5.5X8.5, spiral bound with a black plastic cover for around $40.

If you skip the spiral binding and fancy covers....you can go a lot cheaper.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

As above or buy the ones from Vanguard and have them bound - runs 5-$10 depending on the Kinkos and what you do..

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on February 08, 2007, 04:35:34 AM
As above or buy the ones from Vanguard and have them bound - runs 5-$10 depending on the Kinkos and what you do..

I keep forgetting about Vanguard....but they are not on the web site...you have to call and ask for them.

mamadinos

buy the ones from Vanguard
Are the ones from Vanguard durable?  These will be used and abused by cadets.   
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

lordmonar

Quote from: mamadinos on February 08, 2007, 05:17:15 AM

Not really...they are just paper with a heaver card stock cover and stapled on the top.

SAR-EMT1

Back when I was a cadet we would take the flimsy ones and simply wrap them in duct tape.
But the one I have now was printed to card stock about 3x5, lamninated and spiral bound by Staples/ Kinkos for about 25 bucks.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Eclipse

Quote from: mamadinos on February 08, 2007, 05:17:15 AM

No more or less than the downloadable, ones, etc.  Its all just paper.

Something "durable" is going to weigh about 10 lbs and be thicker than a phone book.

Yes, cadets beat the crap out of these books, (assuming they remember them),  and then they get a new one.

With NHQ being on a 2-year curricullm update cycle, its not really an issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

desert rat

I did like Capt. Harris, works great.

swya

you could print them out iand put them into binders but i did what lordmonar did
c/a1c James Collins- age 13
nellis cadet squadron- nvo69
my myspace is www.myspace.com/swya

brasda91

Are the ones from Vanguard the 2003 version?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

Why the heck aren't the task guides on the Vanguard web site???????  Seems like a pretty uncomplicated task that they should have figured out by now.