How many people have received a CAP decoration?

Started by Hawk200, January 22, 2007, 06:14:26 PM

How many people have received a CAP decoration within your first five years?

Yes, I have
32 (68.1%)
No, I have not
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: February 01, 2007, 06:14:26 PM

afgeo4

I find it curious that the reg is talking about handgun traning since that training is reserved as follow-on marksmanship training. The standard marskmanship training in basic military training is with the rifle, not handgun. Those allowed to qualify in handgun use are usually SF, Medics, Officers, Aircrew, EOD, and Spec Ops airmen. They are issued a 2nd award of ribbon when qualified with the M-9 if they qualified for it with the M-16.

By the way, if you do qualify for the ribbon, where will this be recorded and where will this record be stored for you "just in case" you enlist? I believe this "record" will be filed in the circular file just as soon as the activity is finished. Our cadets and seniors aren't in the DoD database anywhere... we aren't in DEERS, we don't get DD214s.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 29, 2007, 05:00:02 PM
I find it curious that the reg is talking about handgun traning since that training is reserved as follow-on marksmanship training. The standard marskmanship training in basic military training is with the rifle, not handgun. Those allowed to qualify in handgun use are usually SF, Medics, Officers, Aircrew, EOD, and Spec Ops airmen. They are issued a 2nd award of ribbon when qualified with the M-9 if they qualified for it with the M-16.

By the way, if you do qualify for the ribbon, where will this be recorded and where will this record be stored for you "just in case" you enlist? I believe this "record" will be filed in the circular file just as soon as the activity is finished. Our cadets and seniors aren't in the DoD database anywhere... we aren't in DEERS, we don't get DD214s.

Might want to ask SrA McClarty what paperwork gets generated for the AFSAEMR, since he has had some involvement with that, IIRC.  This has been a matter of discussion before.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Spogden

Quote from: Hawk200 on January 22, 2007, 06:14:26 PM
I'm wondering about the decorations such as Medals of Valor (Silver, Bronze), Distinguished Service Medal, Exceptional Service, Meritorious Service, Commanders Commendation, or Lifesaving Award.

How many people here have received one within your first five years of CAP service?

I know these don't get written up for people a lot, but I'm wondering how many people have them within that timeframe. Maybe we ought to encourage more awards of the above listed decorations, awarding people more often for jobs well done.

I am just coming up on 2 yrs of service. I have received a Commander's Commendation and Meritorious Service Award. ;)

flight dispatcher

Commanders Commendation (3rd year as a cadet  - responding to an aircraft "incident")

The other two Commanders Commendations and Meritorious Service Awards while on Wing Staff.