Training in Alaska: Emergency Services & Snow Extravaganza

Started by Ed Bos, November 17, 2011, 08:15:56 PM

Ed Bos

Are you interested in:

- Cold Weather Survival and Operations training;

- A curriculum based on the USAF "Cool School" and tailored for CAP operators;

- A reason to check "visit Alaska" off of your Bucket list?

Consider attending the 2nd Emergency Services and Snow Extravaganza (E.S.S.E.) in Anchorage, AK: Dec 2012 - Jan 2013.

I've put up information about this activity on the Intertubes at

http://www.facebook.com/cap.esse & http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=278216085554289

All CAP emergency services personnel are welcome, and we expect to have a good turnout of folks from NER, SER, SWR, as well as local units.

Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is a limit of 30 students for this course.

Questions, concerns, or comments can be PM'd, or emailed to me at the address in my signature block. You can also post to the Facebook page (but please "Like" it to help spread the word).

Cheers,

-Ed Bos

Please note:

This activity is happening, it is awesome, and it was tremendously well received last year. Negative comments in the vein of "Alaska is too expensive," are nonsense, and you have 13 months to save money for airfare.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

PHall

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Ed Bos

Quote from: Eclipse on November 17, 2011, 10:32:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Bos on November 17, 2011, 08:15:56 PMI've put up information about this activity on the Intertubes

No Facebook.  No Clicky.

Whelp, if one is living a Facebook-Free existence I can be reached via email. It's the most workable solution, I believe.
PCR-OR-001

Eclipse

Quote from: Ed Bos on November 18, 2011, 01:27:29 AMWhelp, if one is living a Facebook-Free existence I can be reached via email. It's the most workable solution, I believe.

More than one is.  What's wrong with a real web site?

"That Others May Zoom"

Ed Bos

Time and energy. I'm not against it, just haven't put any thought into it so far.
PCR-OR-001

Spaceman3750

Out of curiosity, how long does this run? I'm trying to imagine spending a week in Alaska in January with a bivvy and rabbit :P.

EDIT - Found it.

Walkman

I so want to do this! Major bucket list item. What is the cost? I'll need to see what I need to save up this year...

bassque

This would be way fun!  I certainly cannot commit for next year but I hope you continue annually or semi-annually wi someone like is!

Ed Bos

Quote from: Walkman on November 18, 2011, 03:38:23 PM
I so want to do this! Major bucket list item. What is the cost? I'll need to see what I need to save up this year...

Last time the cost was $150 for the activity, plus airfare and money for souvenirs. Not too bad, considering. Next year we'll see, but I hope to keep the costs about the same.

Quote from: bassque on November 18, 2011, 11:45:47 PM
This would be way fun!  I certainly cannot commit for next year but I hope you continue annually or semi-annually wi someone like is!

As of right now, the plan is to offer this activity bi-annually (every 2 years), that way I get to enjoy New Year's Eve at least every other year. That plan will change if it needs to.
PCR-OR-001