How do I renew a GTM1 qualification

Started by jkr1901, August 10, 2011, 04:54:16 PM

jkr1901

my GTM1 qualification is expiring tomorrow but there's a SAREX this weekend. what do I need to do to get re-qualified?

Eclipse

You should have had at least one mission sortie in the three years since you qual'ed the GTM1, as well as re-doing all the tasks.

That will need to be entered in eServices and approved by your chain.

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

ES quals expire the last day of the month so it can't expire tomorrow. It either expired Sunday, 31 July, or it's good until 31 August.

Mike

jeders

As Eclipse said, you should have gone to at least one SAREX/mission/training event in the intervening 3 years between your initial qual and now. But as you expire tomorrow and likely haven't had a renewal eval, that's pretty much a moot point. Not knowing how your wing does renewals, the basic flow is as follows:

• After initial qualification be evaluated by a SET on at least one sortie every three years.
  • Upload eval (in TX we have to scan a signed SQTR) into OpsQuals in eServices.
  • Click renew button and submit your renewal through the chain for approval.
  • Wait for approval (anywhere from a day to 2+ weeks, YMMV).
  • If approved, you're good for another 3 years.

Since you're just expiring, just go to the SAREX and get a renewal evaluation and check with the evaluator and your squadron CC/ESO on local approval procedures.

Also, as sardak pointed out, quals expire on the last day of the month, not the exact anniversary of qual. So if you were intially qualified on Aug 11, three years ago, you're good until the last day of August.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 10, 2011, 04:57:07 PM
You should have had at least one mission sortie in the three years since you qual'ed the GTM1, as well as re-doing all the tasks.

That will need to be entered in eServices and approved by your chain.

60-3 explicitly states that re-accomplishing ALL tasks is not necessary. However, it does call for a select number of tasks to be re-accomplished. The all tasks thing, as far as I can tell, is a local permutation of (unwritten) policy in our wing, and one that (after a conversation with an IC) doesn't seem to be evenly applied. You have significantly more experience than I though, so please let me know if I'm misunderstanding or missing something.

Eclipse

^ You have essentially characterized the entirety of the situation correctly, both in the actual program and our wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Please note.....you do not have to wait for an USAF funded SAREX or Mission.

If you are in need of a training mission...a corporate self funded mission number can be generated by wing.

It requires more leg work at the squadron level...but it can be done fairly easily.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

321EOD

Spaceman is correct - although Eclipse's response to Spaceman's comment is also, unfortunately :( correct too.

Essentially, you do not have to perform EVERY task to renew. The important part of the renewal process is that you are able to display repeatable competency in the skills required for the particular qualification.

You must find an evaluator that has held the qualification you are being reviewed on for AT LEAST 1 YEAR, is current in that qual AND has completed SET. Otherwise E-Services will reject your approval request when you put in the evaluator's CAPID.

It is vital that the integrity of the qualification is maintained - ie people who are not fully trained and competent should not be approved.

Head to the SAREX - find a qualified evaluator and show him/her what you are capable of! - Good luck and have a great time
Steve Schneider, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets (Retd!)
Thompson Valley Composite Squadron (CO-147)