Comunications training

Started by thatonekid, May 24, 2011, 06:18:11 PM

thatonekid

I have heard rumors that they (presumably NHQ) are planning on phasing out the current communications training program (ACUT and BCUT) in favor of a new program with only one level (I heard ICUT or something like that). Does anyone know if this is true?
C/MSgt Collins

Eclipse

Announced over a year ago.  No activity recently, on hold pending NHQ resources.

In fact, NHQ just added A & B cut tracking, and my Wing DC just removed the (wing specific) expiration on those cards
with the assumption that A&B would be the ratings for the foreseeable future.

"That Others May Zoom"

thatonekid

C/MSgt Collins

EMT-83

When it does happen, there will be multiple levels of ICUT, not just one.

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on May 24, 2011, 06:27:42 PM

Yes, and there will be some sort of transition training for those with existing ratings.

My understanding is that the "entry-level" for radio users will be completely online, and I would imagine that the majority of
members will just need that.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on May 24, 2011, 06:35:38 PM

Yes, and there will be some sort of transition training for those with existing ratings.

My understanding is that the "entry-level" for radio users will be completely online, and I would imagine that the majority of
So, what you're saying is that there will be an entry-level training course, for the sake of argument let's say that it teaches you the "basics" of communications.  Then there will be a second level, maybe a more "advanced" level? 

I sure am glad they're putting the effort into clarifying this.   ;D

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on May 24, 2011, 06:35:38 PM

A couple of corrections:
1. There will only be one level of I-CUT. There will be other modules for higher/advanced training.
2. No transition training - everyone will need to complete the same I-CUT during their requal period after I-CUT is released/hell freezes over.
3. There will be an online portion and a locally administered hands on portion. Both will need to be completed to get I-CUT credit.

As far as what the hands on portion will have, no one involved will say. I've asked and been told that it is an integral part of I-CUT and cannot be released separately.

IMHO, forget about I-CUT or the entire communications training plan released three years ago. No one outside of comm gives a rat's behind about it and the few in comm are involved refuse to say or share anything about it.

SarDragon

Many moons ago, when this was first announced, there was a kool diagram of the new comm training program. It looked great, on paper. And there it remains, on paper. I had a lot of enthusiasm for it back then, but, just like some other new things CAP has announced, I'll believe it when I see it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Here's the chart. This is entirely unofficial, and four years olde.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret