CAP member speaks out about 9-11 health risk coverup

Started by RiverAux, December 17, 2006, 03:53:04 AM

RiverAux

On this site: http://www.organicconsumers.org/2006/article_2712.cfm there is a story about a public meeting September 9th in New York where first responders involved in 9/11 spoke about a coverup by the EPA and other government agencies in regards to health risks to responders to the attack.

Among them was a person identified as Maj. Mike McCormick, a CAP pilot.  The story says:
QuoteMajor Mike McCormick, volunteer and civil air patrol pilot, begins by addressing the assembled 9/11 Truth activists, "As I look out in the audience I do not see audience participants, but I see extended members ofthe 9/11 family." McCormick notes of 9/11 first responders, "There are hundreds and thousands of people that are now sick." and he declares, "The majority of us believe in a higher authority, of the goodness of man. Unfortunately, the people that are in office are scoundrels and they look at God as gold, oil, and drugs." McCormick adds, "There is actually $1 billion dollars in a fund for 9/11 responders.. Mayor Bloomberg has spent $40 million of that $1 billion dollars denying claims." 

McCormick  says further, "A month ago, I had gotten a report that was deemed "SECRET". It was the report from the Executive Office legal department to Christy Todd Whitman, advising her to downplay the severity of GroundZero...Now, Christy Todd Whitman, I'm happy to say, is going to have her day of reckoning... It is time for good Americans to take back this country...CIA, NSA,, you name the acronym, I would say a good 80% of allagencies involved [in 9/11] are Manchurian candidates. These are the people sworn to protect the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and the only thing Homeland Security does is decimate the United States Constitution...The Homeland Security Department, the only thing that they don't take care of, is the country's patriots.... Every single responder, police, fire, EMS, every volunteer, they are the Minutemen..The only thing these responders didn't have is a country that gave a [mess]."   

McCormick quotes Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to stand by idly and do nothing. Your participation here, today, shows me they will not get away with it...[Bush] cons people into joining the military. ...he just changes the name of the mission from Enduring Freedom to Enduring Bull[mess], or whatever it is..." Of Christy Todd Whitman, McCormick observes, "It is sure as hell she's going to be convicted of crimes against humanity, treason, just to name a few. However, if Bush is behind the catbird seat, the only thing he's going to do is pardon her. That can't happen. We cannot let it happen."

You can listen to the original radio program aired Sept. 20, 2006, from which the article was drawn at http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=16240
Go to 29 minutes into the program to hear from McCormick. 

He said that he first heard about the attack by a call from the 106th Air Guard Rescue Unit and that he went to their hq soon after.  He then said he went to ground zero 3 hours after the attack.  Has very harsh words for President Bush, Mayor Bloomberg, and the Dept. of Homeland Security.  Claims he dug up the 9/11 flag and received quite a lot of praise soon after the attack.    Said he was an Incident Commander on last 4 aircrashes in NY.  Nowhere in his aired comments did he specifically mention CAP.  but did say he was an incident commander on 4 recent aircrashes, which is why the Guard had called him. 

Now, I don't know whether he has been identifying himself as a CAP member responding to 9/11 or whether he responded as an individual and the media decided to identify him as a CAP member on their own, but either way I don't think it is good for CAP. 

Can anyone confirm he is a CAP member or know anything about this?

mawr

No Mike McCormick listed currently, but two Michaels.  One is a 2Lt located in WV the other is a Major from WA.  Neither are currently listed as a pilot nor IC's.

Who knows, he may have moved, lost qualifications or dropped membership.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

DNall

No, but that's a good place for NHQ PA to step up & disavale knowledge of this person. That's jacked up. The number of CAP presonnel directly involved in 9/11 response is very small & identifiable. I versy seriously doubt such a person would make such public comments. If they are not legit, I would expect CAP to go to the press & make a big deal about how this is an imposter. If they are by the extreme long shot legit, then I'd expect CAP to put out a statement at very least saying they don't speak for us, and to speak with that person directly to figure out what the hell is wrong with them.

Johnny Yuma

YAWN.

Consider the source: Take a look at the website homepage, says it all: Left Wing vegan loony tune Art Bell fans. The whole 9/11/01 environmental conspiracy? What conspiracy?

Like anyone working at ground zero didn't know whatever they were breathing wasn't going to take years off their lives. Ash, jet fuel, asbestos, human remains. Who needs Christy Whitman to tell them that?

Sheesh. This board needs some real topics.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

RiverAux

Hmm, you don't think someone being identified by name and rank as a CAP member being involved in this whole conspiracy theory (and making some very disrespectful remarks while doing so) isn't worth finding out a little more about? 

Now, I don't care about the guy speaking out.  Hes an American and has every right to do so no matter the issue.  However, as a CAP member I'm not sure CAP wants to be associated with his views. 

And, I think CAP will want to know if he was wearing his uniform at this event too.  I would certainly hope he had the good sense not too, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt about being identified as a CAP member, but it is probably something national should look into.

afgeo4

As someone who worked at Ground Zero (courtesy of 514th AMW, USAFR) and currently a member of the NYC Group Staff (although I was not with CAP at the time), I can say that there is no person by such name.  Furthermore, no known CAP officers were assigned to ground duty at Ground Zero following the attack. There were a few mission bases and shelters manned, but no mission was issued for the WTC site itself until the 12th of September when we were tasked to do a flyover by the governor's office. I will research this with the NYC Group and LI Group commanders as well as the commander of the Gabreski Squadron which is based at 106th RQW to see who this person may have been and initiate an investigation with the right people. 

These comments are a travesty and in no way reflect the views of the majority of people who worked at the site. We all knew it couldn't be 100% safe and we worked anyway because that's what needed to be done for the victims, their families, the city, and the nation.
GEORGE LURYE

JohnKachenmeister

George:

Have you contacted NHQ about this guy?  I think there is some evidence that he is impersonating a CAP officer, which may be a violation of Federal law.  Since it looks like he's trying to get a piece of the 9-11 money under false pretenses, there MAY be an issue of fraud.

I think somebody down at Soggy Bottom AFB, AL needs to look at this.  Maybe you could call the Fraud Hotline, 1-800-I-SNITCH, or whatever it is.
Another former CAP officer

RiverAux

If he is not CAP, he must also be faking a lot of the rest of his story.  If he hadn't been involved in CAP, why would the Air NG call him in the first place?  Seems it would be pretty easy to find out if someone were in CAP in 2001, especially a pilot and IC.

Even if he was CAP, I sincerely doubt he went to ground zero as part of a CAP mission on the first day.  If he went, it was probably on his own.  Keep in mind, his comments, including the speech played by the radio station, are not specific about this issue.

Actually, it isn't illegal to say you're CAP, it is illegal to wear the uniform:
QuoteTITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 33 > § 702
§ 702. Uniform of armed forces and Public Health Service

Whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority, wears the uniform or a distinctive part thereof or anything similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of any of the armed forces of the United States, Public Health Service or any auxiliary of such, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

JohnKachenmeister

RiverAux

Sorry, don't buy it.

The code you cited says:
QuoteTITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 43 > § 912

§ 912. Officer or employee of the United States

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

So, for someone to be charged with pretending to be a CAP member, they would have to be pretending to do so under conditions when a CAP member can be considered an instrumantality of the US.  Thanks to the 2000 federal law changes that only applies when we are on AFAMs.  So, if someone pretends to be a CAP member on an AFAM you might be able to get them, but that would be a pretty rare circumstance.

And, now that I think about it, the code about wearing a CAP uniform might be sort of hard to enforce for the same reason.  We're only the auxiliary of the AF on AFAMs.  Someone could try to charge someone, but it might be hard to win now.  It still applies to the CG Aux since they are always the CG Aux and there is no provision for wearing their uniform when they are not under CG control like there is for CAP. 

JohnKachenmeister

I think that's what this guy did.  he's claiming that, as a CAP member, that he was activated on 9-11 and responded to the scene.  And in making this statement, he's trying to obtain funds earmarked for the treatment of rescue and recovery workers.

RiverAux

In any case, I'm glad some locals are looking into this as it certainly is a potential major s. storm. 

mikeylikey

Back in 2000, a man was charged with impersonating an Air Force Major and drawing weapons and vehicles from Andrews Air Force Base for the Summer Encampment in PA Wing.  He got 6 months in federal prison plus one extra month for impersonating an auxiliary officer as he had no membership in CAP at the time and drew billets, mess and weapons under the impression that he was a CAP Major.  This was huge in Pennsylvania and a huge embarrassment to the AF and the Army.  This may be the basis if the other gentleman is to be charged.  If I can find the articles I will post them.  His name was Jeff Klotz.  I will try google now.
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Back in the 1960's a CAP officer went onto an Air Force base, changed his insignia in a bathroom, typed up fake tranfer orders and ended up impersonating an Air Force officer so well and so long that he was checked out on jets, and got a very favorable OER before he was discovered.

The story was written in the Saturday Evening Post, back in (I think) 1965.

I don't recall his name, but he said the only thing he was never able to do was get onto the finance system and get paid.

SJFedor

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 19, 2006, 04:52:24 AM
Back in 2000, a man was charged with impersonating an Air Force Major and drawing weapons and vehicles from Andrews Air Force Base for the Summer Encampment in PA Wing.  He got 6 months in federal prison plus one extra month for impersonating an auxiliary officer as he had no membership in CAP at the time and drew billets, mess and weapons under the impression that he was a CAP Major.  This was huge in Pennsylvania and a huge embarrassment to the AF and the Army.  This may be the basis if the other gentleman is to be charged.  If I can find the articles I will post them.  His name was Jeff Klotz.  I will try google now.

I believe it was actually Aberdeen Proving Grounds, not Andrews.

I heard rumors of this when I made the switch to the dark side, but since this occured only when I was a lowly noob cadet, I don't know much about it.

What's sad is, he did this for many, many years and no one questioned him, either from PA wing, or worse, the issuing service.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

flyguy06

carnold1836

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 19, 2006, 04:48:34 PM
Is this really a serious issue?

Only if you consider the integrity and credibility of CAP is serious. If someone is claiming to be a CAP officer or at the very least identified as an officer then anything they do or say reflects directly back on the entire organization. This is true from the highest ranking CAP General all the way down to the newset 12 yo cadet. I believe it should be investigated and if it is accurate that this individual is NOT a CAP member something needs to be put out by NHQ. If he is a member he needs to definetly be talked to and find out what he is attempting to achieve with this type of presentation.
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

SJFedor

He may be referring to my reply to the issue with the PAWG Major.

Anyway, pondering, is this really something NHQ PA needs to jump on? I'd be concerned if it was on something more then some raggedy website claiming "environmental conspiracy", like CNN, Fox, Oprah, Geraldo, even Jerry. This might be one of those moments when not saying anything will draw less attention then engaging the issue.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

A.Member

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 19, 2006, 03:12:27 PM
Back in the 1960's a CAP officer went onto an Air Force base, changed his insignia in a bathroom, typed up fake tranfer orders and ended up impersonating an Air Force officer so well and so long that he was checked out on jets, and got a very favorable OER before he was discovered.
You guys know the reason why we got the Maroon epaulets and such as well, right?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

carnold1836

Quote from: A.Member on December 19, 2006, 06:40:31 PM
You guys know the reason why we got the Maroon epaulets and such as well, right?

All I have ever been able to discern is someone did something that was seen as wrong while wearing an AF style CAP uniform. Everyone seems to dance around the issue like it is forbidden to speak of it.

"Do not speak its name so as not to call upon its wrath!", or some such noise.

Now if it is forbidden by regulation or notice from the NB to speak of the situation then fine so be it. But if its not forbidden then I hope everyone can stop being childish and just let us newer members in on the story.
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron