FBI Background/Fingerprint Checks Backlog?

Started by RADIOMAN015, October 13, 2010, 03:46:59 AM

HGjunkie

Quote from: NCRblues on October 14, 2010, 03:19:28 AM
funny this should come up, in 2005 my squadron had a single male come to our meetings and want to join. When told he would have to put in fingerprints he told our squadron commander "i cant give fingerprints anymore, the CIA removed them years ago". He didn't show back up anymore after that  >:D
It's those mind-control waves man, i'm telling you... Surprised he wasn't wearing a tin foil hat.  ::)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Surprised he didn't cite MK-Ultra ... ;-)

Back when I joined, shortly after Sept. 11th, it came back in 2.5 weeks, I got the temporary card and the actual one 2 days later.

Ozzy

Yea well my cadet to senior package was sent to National on Oct 2nd and I got a call from a nice Alabama lady on the 11th/12th saying I needed to pay the renewal dues before they could finish processing. I just paid today so I'll post once everything goes through (Which hopefully would go soon).

Off topic but....

She said that I had to pay $63 dollars to renew as a senior... isn't it supposed to be $53?
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

SarDragon

Nope. You are a new senior, and therefore get the new senior materials, most of which you probably already have, and know. The portfolio is nice, though, and sell for more than $10 at Vanguard, so you're getting a deal.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Johnny Yuma

Fastest turnaround on a membership application (including background check) was 10 days from application to member card.

Probably had something to do with the applicant being LEO ;)
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

EMT-83

^ Probably not. He'd get the same review as anyone else.

Flying Pig

My members are averaging about 2 weeks.  As far as being an LEO, believe it or not.....we dont all know each other. ;)

spacecommand

Two new recent members joined, from the time the package was sent to National to the time they appeared on the squadron roster was about 2.5 weeks. 2~3 weeks seems to be the average for our squadron.  But as mentioned there are times the FBI could be backlogged etc.

Lawson

My friend is an LEO, he submitted around Sept 22nd, and still no word from NHQ........

Ozzy

Well as of this weekend I was switched over from Patron status to SM status... which means I guess the fingerprints went through okay.

Now to wait for the 1LT promotion...  :-\
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

RLM10_2_06

I figured this is a bit off-topic, but still relevant; I just called NHQ and found that my membership has been approved, so I got my CAPID and whatnot (now waiting the 24 hours before tinkering in eServices). In terms of professional development and "getting started", does a pending fingerprint card restrict you in any way? The only thing I've found on this topic was a squadron website which said that "until your fingerprint card is processed, your interaction with cadets will be limited". Does this mean you can't do CPPT without a cleared fingerprint card? Is it just a separate policy, or maybe just one of that particular squadron? I can't quite find where the card fits into the membership equation.
-Senior Member, CAP
Former C/PVT, AROTC
Former C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Former C/2LT, AJROTC

Flying Pig

Quote from: Lawson on October 17, 2010, 03:42:09 AM
My friend is an LEO, he submitted around Sept 22nd, and still no word from NHQ........

He must not be on the approved "list" >:D

EMT-83

Quote from: RLM10_2_06 on October 20, 2010, 07:43:04 PM
I figured this is a bit off-topic, but still relevant; I just called NHQ and found that my membership has been approved, so I got my CAPID and whatnot (now waiting the 24 hours before tinkering in eServices). In terms of professional development and "getting started", does a pending fingerprint card restrict you in any way? The only thing I've found on this topic was a squadron website which said that "until your fingerprint card is processed, your interaction with cadets will be limited". Does this mean you can't do CPPT without a cleared fingerprint card? Is it just a separate policy, or maybe just one of that particular squadron? I can't quite find where the card fits into the membership equation.
It doesn't.

Now that you have your CAPID, log in and establish your eServices account. Complete your on-line stuff (OPSEC, EO, Safety) and ask the squadron about Foundations and CPPT. Heck, you could even download the material if you wanted.

There's no reason to wait, not even the 24 hours.

RLM10_2_06

Actually, I have quite a good reason to wait the 24 hours; eServices says so heheh when I login to eServices, it redirects me to do OPSEC training, but it won't let me start it. When I try to log in, it says that "the information provided is not valid in the National database", and has a note below it about how new members and renewals maye have to wait as long as 24 hours to get it done. That said, I'm trying it periodically to make sure I can get started. I've arranged to have my Level I training finished at my next meeting (friday), so I simply want to get my ducks in a row before then as best I can.
-Senior Member, CAP
Former C/PVT, AROTC
Former C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Former C/2LT, AJROTC

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: EMT-83 on October 16, 2010, 11:28:16 AM
^ Probably not. He'd get the same review as anyone else.

All I know is they usually take 3-4 weeks turnaround for anyone else around here. His was the fastest I'd seen FWIW.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

MSG Mac

A good Commander orPersonnel Officer would be checking the MML on a daily basis for new members  to show up on their roster. When I find a membership that has been approved. I send an e-mail to that member with his CAPID#, and instructions on how to enter E-services to begin Level I, order a uniform, or whatever else he needs to do. If you wait until he  received his ID card, you'll have wasted at least a week of his life. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

peter rabbit

QuoteA good Commander orPersonnel Officer would be checking the MML on a daily basis for new members  to show up on their roster. When I find a membership that has been approved. I send an e-mail to that member with his CAPID#, and instructions on how to enter E-services to begin Level I, order a uniform, or whatever else he needs to do. If you wait until he  received his ID card, you'll have wasted at least a week of his life.

I agree. Now if we can just find a way to get more people through Level 2.

RLM10_2_06

To provide some feedback to this thread; I just received notification of my clearance and my packet was shipped out yesterday, 8 Nov., and my packet was received on 20 October. Not too bad, I suppose, considering how long others have had to wait.

As for Level II...well, OBC is out, and it's flowing quite well (I'm on the online cohort right now; time-consuming, but the courses are quite easy and engaging). Tack on a tech rating, which should be mostly waiting out time for the service requirements (unless you have a ridiculously hard track), and a visit to an SLS and you have yourself a Level II completion.
-Senior Member, CAP
Former C/PVT, AROTC
Former C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Former C/2LT, AJROTC