Flight Instructor Written

Started by Flying Pig, March 10, 2010, 11:08:09 PM

Flying Pig

I was told something that I am trying to confirm. That since I am working on my AGI, that there is a different option.

I was told I could take the FOIs and the Airplane CFI written and that it would count as the same thing and would still qualify me as an Adv G.I.  That way when I go on to do my CFI, my written will already be done.   And that the AGI is designed for people who are not pilots.

Now......if I take my AGI, will I still be required to take a CFI written if I go on to complete my CFI?  Im going to go to the FSDO Friday and ask but I thought I would throw it out in case anyone knew.

So in other words, If I take the CFI written and the FOIs I could prep someone for COmmercial level airplane ground.  And if I also take the CFI helicopter written, I could prep students for the Helicopter commercial Ground.

True or am I all screwed up?

Flying Pig

OK, I got a hold of the FSDO.  Big negative.   Taking the CFI written does nothing for you until you complete th entire CFI cert.  And the second part, taking the AGI does not exempt you from taking the CFI written later on.  Class dismissed.

So back to studying the FOIs and AGI stuff.

heliodoc

Yes sir, Rob

Doing just that.......how about those "new" online test prices....I was too late

may next week for the FOI and maybe 1 month for the AGI and FIA (CFI)

Fire season pre season Pack Test this weekend and Refresher Training for wildland firefighters...  then back to the CFI grind

"bout how far are u??

Flying Pig

I am only going to do the FOI and the AGI tests.  I am going to wait on the CFI.  Should have it knocked out in about 2 weeks.  Just reviewing the book and making sure I am dialed in with all the details in the test. The department was going to pay for the CFI hopefully, so Im not going to rob them of their opportunity!  But at least with the AGI I can do a little with CAP and assist with the bi-annual ground portion. 

Trung Si Ma

Rob,

Don't forget to do the IGI also.  Then you can sign log books for simulator time.

Don
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

Flying Pig

Oh....didnt know that.  Thanks.