Main Menu

CAP License Plates

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 23, 2007, 04:53:12 PM

davidsinn

Frak yeah. That is beautiful. My fiancé (graphic designer) and I have come up with some ideas for Indiana. I'll post them tomorrow.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

John Bryan

Quote from: davidsinn on April 15, 2008, 02:00:14 AM
Frak yeah. That is beautiful. My fiancé (graphic designer) and I have come up with some ideas for Indiana. I'll post them tomorrow.

Sorry David......I hate to say this....but Indiana has way too many plates as it is. Plus if every senior and cadet over 16 gets one the state will only sell about 700 plates they need to know for sure they will sell thousends.....so whats in it for the BMV they won't make enough money to cover it? This was pretty much what I heard from the BMV when I looked into it in 2006.

Becks

Dont believe SC has one, I have a Guard one instead.

BBATW

jpnelson82

How do you go about getting the DMV to issue them? If I was interested in getting the AZDOT to give us them?
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

Becks

Quote from: jpnelson82 on April 17, 2008, 08:39:52 AM
How do you go about getting the DMV to issue them? If I was interested in getting the AZDOT to give us them?
Does AZ have a CAP plate available?  If so you should be able to go in and simply fill out a form to change your plate over.  If youre referring to the Guard one I have above, CAP has no way of getting those, I was just posting what was on the back of my POV.

BBATW

jpnelson82

if the state doesn't presently have a CAP plate, how would we get the state to adopt one, sorry, I worded badly
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

arajca

Check with your Dept of Motor Vehicles. The process varies between states.

RiverAux

Given the size of the potential "market" for CAP plates I'm surprised that any of them ever got approved.  Many states are beginning to really hit back hard on approving new plates for small groups that will probably never use all the ones the prisoners stamp out.  I suspect that we're probably going to lose some of the ones we have. 

Cecil DP

As posted earlier there is a minimum number of plates that must be sold, generally a minimum of 5,000. In addition some states require that the organization pay the costs of the dies, which is another several thousand dollars.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Stonewall

I always thought it'd be cool to have a front plate with a Master GTM badge, like the way they do parachutist and aviation badges.

Like this:

Serving since 1987.

jpnelson82

I hear ya, back when I was Cadet Major I wanted a diamond plate for the front of my vehicle, came close to making one, just takes paint, a plate, and lots of patience. I had everything except the patience. But I guess there's no point in making a special plate for AZ since the wing is so small, thanks anyway.
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

ThorntonOL

In PA and I'm not sure about other states. but we don't have a license plate in the front only in the rear. now i know Hock Shop and Vanguard sell "License plates" for vehicles.
Can these be put on the front like those promoting fishing or Nascar?
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

hatentx

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on March 26, 2008, 06:09:34 AM
Quote from: BigMojo on March 25, 2008, 01:47:35 PM
Jordan,

You'd probably have more luck getting something like this through as it's more in line with the rest of the Military Support plates. Just my $0.02, YMMV

Your Plate has a stripe looking alot like the Coast Guards......

I like this one better.  I am from Florida and I have my Army plates but I would change them out for the CAP ones if that is what they were

JoeTomasone

Agreed, but would like to see "Civil Air Patrol" centered in the white area instead of centered on the entire plate.

PHall

Quote from: Stonewall on April 18, 2008, 03:54:24 AM
I always thought it'd be cool to have a front plate with a Master GTM badge, like the way they do parachutist and aviation badges.

Like this:

I'm surprised that Vanguard actually missed a chance to sell even more crap to us.
Not like them to miss an opportunity like that.

mikeylikey

^
And we will then see this on the NHQ website tomorrow morning........

"And breaking fresh on Vanguards website this Friday will be the Pre-Order Screen for CAP license plates.  And By the way, we are sending out C&D letters to all states DMV's or motor vehicle bureaus for trademark violations"   >:D
What's up monkeys?

hatentx

I am new to this but is National really that bad?

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: hatentx on June 17, 2008, 04:50:58 AM

They occasionally get touchy with copyright stuffs...

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 17, 2008, 05:36:55 AM
Quote from: hatentx on June 17, 2008, 04:50:58 AM

They occasionally get touchy with copyright stuffs...

Occasionally?!? Thats an understatement......

swamprat86

NJ just got CAP plates after years of trying.  The holdup was the members since we needed a certain number of "pre-orders" before the state would print them.

I got mine in the mail on the Christmas eve. Nice early gift.