How Are the Wings Branding CAP?: Wing Website Gallery

Started by JC004, May 14, 2010, 08:49:15 PM

JC004

I made a gallery of wing web sites to look at how wings are presenting CAP online:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JColgan004/WingWebSites

vento

Number 14 and 36 is near impossible to read...
That was a nice idea to put all sites side by side. I gotta say some look darn good. Unfortunately for my wing (CAWG) it looks as if it was created 10 years ago and never revised... maybe we west coast people are more sentimental and nostalgic.  :angel:

JC004

I'm running through them and adding the wing as a caption and cropping the longer pages a little.  CAWG's site has looked like that for many years indeed. 

RiverAux

Quote from: vento on May 14, 2010, 09:45:21 PM
Number 14 and 36 is near impossible to read...
That was a nice idea to put all sites side by side. I gotta say some look darn good. Unfortunately for my wing (CAWG) it looks as if it was created 10 years ago and never revised... maybe we west coast people are more sentimental and nostalgic.  :angel:
Close, according to the internet wayback machine they've been using it since 2000

SarDragon

That sounds about right. It was completely revised not long after I joined the wing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Jerry Jacobs

I'm glad CAWG has a simple website.  It makes it much faster to load and in my opinion much easier to navigate.  I still wish we had the cap.gov website.  Adding fanciness doesn't help anything except MAYBE PR.  So if CAWG were to update their website I'd strongly prefer internal and external websites.

JC004

Simplicity, speed, and good a user interface are functions of good design and development.  Don't let the NHQ web site fool you into thinking that is the way of the future. 

I revised the gallery a bit.  I trimmed some of the longest pages and added all the wing names below their images while you are looking at the full gallery view.  It's better now.

ßτε

Do you have a similar site for Region websites? Or could you also include the Region websites?

JC004

Quote from: bte on May 14, 2010, 10:35:45 PM
Do you have a similar site for Region websites? Or could you also include the Region websites?

Picky, picky!   >:D

Yeah...later.  I'm going to cut down some more of the wing sites a little first...

JC004

Alright, here are the Region web sites:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JColgan004/RegionWebSites

bte - I will just need you to turn over your soul to our rebranding cause in return.  Thanks.   >:D