Main Menu

Logistics OIC

Started by Kayll'b, June 21, 2019, 01:29:04 AM

Kayll'b

I'm going to cascade falcon encampment (WAWG) as Logistics OIC in a week, any tips?
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

jhighman

If ground vehicles fall under your jurisdiction, be mindful of how rested those who are driving them are. This is especially true of Tac officers (sorry I don't know the modern term but someone here will!). Especially by about day three or four, those folks haven't gotten very much sleep and this is when little things can start adding up.

Eclipse

The current term is "training officers", and from that perspective a cadet would
have little to say about adult staff.

That does raise the issue, though - best advice - make sure you are very clear what your
duties actually are.

Don't guess, ask.  And get it in writing if you can.

Checklists are your friend.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Be early (not prompt). If your mission is to get a water station set up, have the water ready to go before the training flights are on-site.

Logistics fails when people start saying "Where the heck is...(stuff)?" when you knew it needed to be there. I

f you're asked for something, the correct response is "I'll see what I can do," not "That's not my job." If it's not your area of responsibility, find out who the appropriate contact is, talk to that person, and report back to the requester "(Person) is working on (doing job). Let me know if you have any issues."

Remember, you're the backbone of the Encampment.

PHall

The goal for the support side of encampment is for their customers to not give them a second thought.
Because that means you did it right the first time.

Kayll'b

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on June 23, 2019, 11:30:12 PM

Remember, you're the backbone of the Encampment.

Wow, thanks for the reassurence. ;)

Thank for the help, can't wait to get there!
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder