ABU [Airman Battle Dress Uniform]
0 (0%)
OCP [Operational Camouflage Pattern]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 10, 2019, 02:59:21 AM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
IN your own opinion, which uniform you think would be best for CAP?

*THIS IS JUST FOR FUN*

Enjoy!

WillTheCommsGuy

BDU. It's a more comfortable uniform (in my opinion), but if I had to choose one of the others I'd choose OCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPed Crusader

Nice, I like the OCP because the patches are velcro. However, I wish the ABU had any boot but black.

WillTheCommsGuy

Quote from: francisderosa16 on January 04, 2019, 11:54:19 PM
Nice, I like the OCP because the patches are velcro. However, I wish the ABU had any boot but black.

Very true. I hate those black boots when worn with the ABU's.

WillTheCommsGuy

I like the idea of not having to polish my boots...but good lord that color is hideous...

Abby.L

Most Active duty airmen don't even have the OCPs. How do you(And the other tricksters on FB) thank we're going to get OCPs for the cadets? ABUs are only a recent change.

I will say that, as an Active duty airman myself, I hate the ABUs. With CAP's modifications(Black boots and no berets), I will be delaying/negating my transition as much as I can. BDU all the way(I wish the military had never moved away from it...)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Stonewall

I wear OCPs every day and they are, by far, the second most comfortable utility/combat uniform I've ever worn.  The first were ABSGs, which were worn in Afghanistan/Iraq for a few years until we switched to OCPs for deployers in 2011.  ABSGs were absolutely the most comfy and practical uniform I've worn, except they were still ABU patterned camouflage.

For CAP, I just wish we could get rid of the black boots, they look terrible.

Alas, I proposed my own CAP-specific uniform here on CAP Talk 10+ years ago. Same uniform as OCP except solid olive drab green rather than any type of camouflage pattern.
Serving since 1987.

CS

Actually none of the above.  Blue BDU for everyone, save money, looks good, readily available, and will be UNIFORM for ALL!

PHall

Quote from: CS on January 05, 2019, 04:57:23 PM
Actually none of the above.  Blue BDU for everyone, save money, looks good, readily available, and will be UNIFORM for ALL!

And then we look like the Coast Guard. Which is not a bad thing, but we are the Auxiliary of the Air Force, not the Coast Guard.
Besides, the Coast Guard has their own Auxiliary already!

Luis R. Ramos

My sentiments exactly.

When people ask "Why is the Coast Guard helping at this airshow?" Or "Why is the Coast Guard working so far inland? There are no rivers or lakes here." How will you respond?

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 05, 2019, 06:03:07 PM
My sentiments exactly.

When people ask "Why is the Coast Guard helping at this airshow?" Or "Why is the Coast Guard working so far inland? There are no rivers or lakes here." How will you respond?

1 - No one will, or ever has asked that.

2 - "Civil Air Patrol, the uniforms are similar."

3 - No one will, or ever has asked that.

People who know / care / need to know, already know, and are only asking to push buttons, and they
can go push them down the road.

Everyone >in< the organizaiton already knows, and it's written on the front of the uniform
for those who are unaware and within "matters to you" distance of a member.

To the rest of the 99% of the general public, they don't need to know, and anyone in camo is "Army", and
everyone else is SWAT.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

1. ABU's are here to stay
2. BDU's expiration date is Jun 2021-there are none in the supply system, they will not becoming back.
3. USAF specifically mandated that CAP could not wear the AF suede bots, only black boots with ABUs
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on January 05, 2019, 06:47:12 PM
2. BDU's expiration date is Jun 2021-there are none in the supply system, they will not becoming back.

Who's supply system? 

DRMO?  Agreed.

Retail / ebay / other?  Lots there, no shortage.

Unit supply closets? About the same as far as I see.

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

For what little my opinion matters, OCP's are a very comfortable and breathable uniform that is durable.

I concur with the comments as to why does CAP need a camouflage uniform (it doesn't); yet I also concur about BBDU being confused for USCG, USCGAux, Law Enforcement, etc.

I suggest a compromise answer. They do produce a civilian version of the OCP in a solid olive drab, which would work well as an all member Corporate Field Uniform.

Blue NAME and CAP tapes, Rank, Badges and full color patches will stand out so no confusion for a USAF member but show the link to Ma Blue and the uniform is "martial" enough for those that will complain about that.

Just my two cents.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

WillTheCommsGuy

That's all fine and good, but my biggest problem with the "Smurf Suit" is that is looks god-awful. I know we're not here to look good but man that uniform is ugly. Why can't we just stick with BDU's??? There is NOTHING wrong with them.

SarDragon

Quote from: WillTheCommsGuy on January 06, 2019, 12:45:46 AM

That's all fine and good, but my biggest problem with the "Smurf Suit" is that is looks god-awful. I know we're not here to look good but man that uniform is ugly. Why can't we just stick with BDU's??? There is NOTHING wrong with them.

No, the Smurf Suit is long gone. BBDUs are NOT the Smurf Suit. That term was used on the olde light blue, short sleeve coverall uniform from back in the seventies.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

I love how someone hears some random term somewhere and thinks it applies despite having no bearing.

The Corporate Field Uniform is all but black, where / how would the term "smurf suit" be remotely applicable?

"That Others May Zoom"

WillTheCommsGuy

Quote from: Eclipse on January 06, 2019, 01:40:13 AM
I love how someone hears some random term somewhere and thinks it applies despite having no bearing.

The Corporate Field Uniform is all but black, where / how would the term "smurf suit" be remotely applicable?

Because a senior member in my squadron wears it, and to my it always looked blue (maybe because it's old and faded). Also, I love how someone tries to correct someone else with the wrong information. The uniform IS blue, not black. Don't believe me? Look at vaguardmil.com. Or this photo I have attached. I heard the term "smurf suit" in reference to the corporate field uniform one time at my squadron. Obviously that's not the correct term, so I retract my earlier statement. Next time you get your panties in a wad over a comment, get your facts straight.

By the way, absolutely no disrespect is intended. I just though it was funny how I made one comment at got slapped down for it.