Main Menu

Wing email addresses

Started by Stonewall, December 02, 2008, 04:43:24 AM

Stonewall

I just registered for a wing email address since my membership got renewed by my wife...she didn't know I wasn't planning to renew. 

Do a lot of wings have this?  As soon as I logged in for the first time I had almost 200 messages waiting for me.  Most of them were addressed to the "General List", which I assume is the list of every wing member with a wing address.

Do these things work well?  Or is it a huge spam thing?  I saw several "holiday wishes" sent out by various people.  I can do without that stuff.  I already added it to my blackberry so we'll see how long that lasts.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on December 02, 2008, 04:43:24 AM
I just registered for a wing email address since my membership got renewed by my wife...she didn't know I wasn't planning to renew. 

>:D  We got Kirt for another year!  (or did she select the three year option?!)

(Sorry, don't know anything about the actual subject matter, I just couldn't help but harass you about the renewal! Haha)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: Pylon on December 02, 2008, 04:50:52 AM
>:D  We got Kirt for another year!  (or did she select the three year option?!)

(Sorry, don't know anything about the actual subject matter, I just couldn't help but harass you about the renewal! Haha)

Not sure why, but I'm in for at least 2 more years.  And you may want to start calling me "Peter", my first name.  They wouldn't give me a kbowden@flwg.us since "Kirt" isn't my first name.   :P
Serving since 1987.

LtCol057

1st, thanks go to your wife for renewing your membership.  This organization needs someone with your skills in it.

2nd, I know NC Wing has wing email addresses, but I think most of them are on wing staff. I haven't checked into it because I already have too many addresses to keep track of now.  I think at last count, I have 6 or 7 addresses to check.

NIN

Ohhh, the old "my wife accidentally renewed me" gambit.

Can't say I've ever used that one.

Something good to keep in mind.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Kirt/Peter, it's a sickness bud. Admitting it is the first step! :clap:

Stonewall

Quote from: NIN on December 02, 2008, 06:35:21 AM
Ohhh, the old "my wife accidentally renewed me" gambit.

Can't say I've ever used that one.

Something good to keep in mind.

Hey, she pays the bills and she was doing her job.  Even did it for 2 years vs just 1.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I still don't plan on being active, but I am considering an NCSA or encampment.  But that's merely a thought at this point.
Serving since 1987.

Rob Sherlin

Peter (aka "Stonewall"(can we call you Pete?))

Whatever the cause, glad to see ya' still here!!...Keep the faith that things can change for the better as long as we have members like you!!
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

swamprat86

We have wing emails address for members in our wing but it is an alias that is linked to your primary email in eServices or any other that you give our Wing IT.  It makes it easy because I have several of my personal email addresses linked to it so I can get emails in mulitple locations such as work and home.  Also since we have control of the server, we can make multiple alias based on your name that way if you are commonly known by a different name, such as in your case, we can create it with that name.  That way if a member in the Wing knows your name they can figure out your Wing email address.  Saves me from having to remember obscure email addresses without my contact list.