Main Menu

Butterbars!

Started by Walkman, February 28, 2008, 05:09:56 PM

Walkman

I got some last night!

I know it's not a huge deal to most, but it felt great. I love being part of CAP.

FW

It is a big deal.. The first step in a great journey.  Congratulations and good luck with your endeavours in CAP.

jeders

Congratulations. Now just keep working so you can trade them in for some silver bars.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JohnKachenmeister

Do you know what the difference is between a Cadet Airman and a Second Lieutenant?

The Cadet Airman has been promoted!
Another former CAP officer

Walkman

davedove

Congrats!  Now get to work on that Professional Development so you can get the next one. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Walkman

Quote from: davedove on February 28, 2008, 05:50:11 PM
Congrats!  Now get to work on that Professional Development so you can get the next one. ;D

Wilco! I'm a bit more than half finished my Tech rating for PAO (aside from TIS).

Lancer

Congrats Kristian! The next 12 months will be a blur for ya. Seems like yesterday I got my 'butters' and I'll be putting on silver come the last week of March. I've got my rating in IT, and as soon as I can get the AFAIDL PAO course done, I'll get my tech rating there.

BTW, I don't think I ever told you how much I like your unit's website since you sprang the image of the initial design on us. How's that unit patch doing? Finally get it in thread? I'll buy one from ya if ya let me, it's a great design!

Walkman

Quote from: Lancer on February 28, 2008, 07:05:30 PM
Congrats Kristian! The next 12 months will be a blur for ya. Seems like yesterday I got my 'butters' and I'll be putting on silver come the last week of March. I've got my rating in IT, and as soon as I can get the AFAIDL PAO course done, I'll get my tech rating there.

BTW, I don't think I ever told you how much I like your unit's website since you sprang the image of the initial design on us. How's that unit patch doing? Finally get it in thread? I'll buy one from ya if ya let me, it's a great design!

Thanks. The patch is going slow. Our budget's a little tight, so...

Pylon

Congrats on the shiny bars! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

stillamarine

Quote from: Lancer on February 28, 2008, 07:05:30 PM
and as soon as I can get the AFAIDL PAO course done, I'll get my tech rating there.

Ugh taking that test Tuesday
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

LtCol White

Quote from: Walkman on February 28, 2008, 05:09:56 PM
I got some last night!

I know it's not a huge deal to most, but it felt great. I love being part of CAP.

Congrats.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Lt Col T

Great Job!! And, congratulations. Keep up the good work.
John R. Tucciarone, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
Group VI, Georgia Wing
"Curahee"

Major Lord

Congratulations Eltee!

Just remember Major Lords' simple formula for promotion: Promotions- P= TIG X PPTS/M, where TIG = Time in Grade, PPTS = Power point Slides, and M = Money.

This is not to be confused with Major Lords' Theorem of Uniform Ratios, which states that if your waist diameter (in inches)  is greater than 1/2 your height , in inches, you are on the statistical edge of having to switch to Corporate Uniforms.

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Gunner C

Quote from: Walkman on February 28, 2008, 05:09:56 PM
I got some last night!

It's a HUGE deal!  Congratulations!  Keep moving - CAP is a work of love, and I think you'll find that the overwhelming majority of us have loved it for a long time.  It's a great organization with even greater people.  Thanks for your service and your willingness to serve.

GC

Redbird Leader

Congratulations!  I made LtCol in 1991 but still remember my butterbar day!
Commander, Redbird Cadet Sqdn (MO-801)
Captain, USAF (Ret)
Prior, never ex, cadet (Mitchell unnumbered Jul 71)

jimmydeanno

Congratulations Kristian!  I wish I could say I remember being a 2d Lt, but I never was one...but you should be proud of your accomplishment!  Don't forget to let finance know you need a raise :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

CAP006

Congrats man.  Keep up the great work.
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023