First Picture in a CAP Uniform

Started by Stonewall, August 04, 2007, 09:16:52 PM

Stonewall

On the "how long have you been in CAP" thread, there were tons of folks who have either been in for 20+ years or joined as cadets 20+ years ago and have since joined again as seniors. 

Who still has their first picture in a CAP uniform?

Here's mine from June of 1987 just before my T-Flight graduation.  You'll notice I don't have a name tag.  Even back then it took 2+ months for me to get my name tag from the CAP Bookstore and when I did get it, they spelled my name "BOWIN" instead of "BOWDEN".  It's hard to tell, but I had one of the sew-on flight cap devices.

Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

How about a before and after. Do a first pic and then a current pic. That will be more interesting (and amusing)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

I haven't had a picture of me taken in blues in probably 3 or 4 years.  Here is one from 2002 at the summer encampment graduation.

And from the 2002 Christmas banquet.

Found one with Lt Col rank on, so this must be 2004 time frame.
Serving since 1987.

KFreeman

Check my website for pics, 1946 as a cadet and 1972 as LtCol. www.kfreeman.com 

Yes, I'm still in CAP.

Regards,
Ken
Authentic Antique Aviator

Major Carrales

Quote from: KFreeman on August 05, 2007, 02:51:01 PM
Check my website for pics, 1946 as a cadet and 1972 as LtCol. www.kfreeman.com 

Yes, I'm still in CAP.

Regards,
Ken

Thank you for your service, Sir.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AlphaSigOU

Only surviving picture of my very early days in cadink uniform (courtesy Lt Col Brian Berry) :

I'm the poor, dumb C/A1C standing front row, second from left. Then C/2d Lt Berry, now Lt Col Berry on my right. Taken at Congressman Larry McDonald's office - he perished aboard KAL 007 - during the National Cadet Competition 'victory tour', May 1978.

And here's one from ATCFC Laughlin AFB 1979:

I'm the poor, dumb C/Sgt too cool for glasses in the hot Texas sun, kneeling second from left.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BBerry

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on August 06, 2007, 12:58:34 AM
Only surviving picture of my very early days in cadink uniform (courtesy Lt Col Brian Berry) :

I'm the poor, dumb C/A1C standing front row, second from left. Then C/2d Lt Berry, now Lt Col Berry on my right. Taken at Congressman Larry McDonald's office - he perished aboard KAL 007 - during the National Cadet Competition 'victory tour', May 1978.

Chuck,

Close, but no cigar...you ID'd my 'evil twin', Alan (Spaatz # 595).  I'm 4th from the right.

Here's a pic of me that isn't the earliest, but may be one of the best, from GAWG Encampment, Ft. Benning, 1976.  I got plenty of opportunity to correct that exit body position at Airborne School in 1981.
Brian Berry, Lt Col, CAP
GBD, GTL, GTM1
Seminole Composite Squadron
FL116

Stonewall

Quote from: BBerry on August 06, 2007, 09:27:38 PM
[Here's a pic of me that isn't the earliest, but may be one of the best, from GAWG Encampment, Ft. Benning, 1976.  I got plenty of opportunity to correct that exit body position at Airborne School in 1981.

That's awesome!!!!  Now that's what I'm talking about.

Here are some old pics from the late 80s.

Me (on the right), my buddy (a cop with me) and our favorite senior, Maj Otto on a mission somewhere in FL.

A group of us at a unofficial rappeling activity with an Army SF guy at Jacksonville University's NROTC tower and obstacle course.

Me on patrol with 20th SF Group (FLARNG) as a cadet my 10th grade year in high school.
Serving since 1987.

Major Carrales

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Stonewall

Yeah, I know, this is more than a year old.  But my buddy who was a cadet with me 20 years ago, and is still one of my closest friends, came across this picture of us (I'm on the left) at his mom's house in North Carolina during Thanksgiving.

Very blury, but this shows us at a practice mission near Gainesville around 1988.  We're wearing our "pickle suits" with unauthorized OG 107 patrol caps (with ranger eyes).  Notice the wreckage in the back.  He thought it was from a real mission we were on but I'm quite sure if it was, you wouldn't see a whole bunch of cadets hanging around the A/C.  We were involved with at least two "real" downed aircraft missions during our cadet days, but this wasn't one of them.

Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Me as a C/Sgt ;D  (that dufflebag second from the right)

And as a C/1st Lt  (the tall dude)

The B&W photos make it seem a lot longer ago than it was.  Our PAO at the time liked using black and white film to photograph since the newspapers and newsletters only printed B&W anyways.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Okay, Mike, that does look like a long time ago.  When did you join CAP?
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on December 22, 2008, 02:59:00 AM
Okay, Mike, that does look like a long time ago.  When did you join CAP?

It really wasn't that long ago.  The B&W print scans just make it "feel" super old.   ;D

I joined in Jan 1997.  So that puts the Sgt picture probably in Fall 1997 (had just attended summer encampment judging by the ribbon, and I was a C/A1C at encampment, IIRC).  The C/1st Lt photo was probably around 2000.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

addo1

Not a huge time difference like all of yall, but here is the difference in a year in a half from C/AB to C/MSgt... I am the unsmiling guy on the left.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Major Carrales

My first pic was in an Aircraft. (note: the signature service cap and regulation CAP moustache)  Good times...Great facial hair.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

ColonelJack

Sparky!  What a shot -- you have a 50-mission crush cap!!!  Out-freaking-standing!!!

All the best, my friend, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Flying Pig

Awesome......I miss the old fatigues.  You look like your in some sort of modified parade rest/attention!

Im still looking for mine.   I have my fatigue pants pulled up to my armpits if I remember right.

brasda91

No, just standing still for the picture.  :)
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

♠SARKID♠

This pic looks pretty horrible because its a close up phone-cam picture of a picture.  The original is stuck in a collage at my parent's house so I snagged a photo of the photo during xmas.