Main Menu

MAJOR JOE TOMASONE

Started by Stonewall, January 29, 2013, 07:09:17 PM

Stonewall

Um, Major, I think it's time to change something....

See you on Thursday.
Serving since 1987.

Cool Mace

Ah, yes. You must update the signature line to be within good standing of this board.

Congratulations, Major!  :clap:
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Pylon

Welcome to the Farts n' Darts Club!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Cool Mace on January 29, 2013, 07:14:17 PM
Ah, yes. You must update the signature line to be within good standing of this board.

Congratulations, Major!  :clap:

Congrats as well...SIR! :clap:

Did your promotion sail through easily?  I ask because I submitted mine back in August...and all I've heard is the deafening sound of silence.

I've updated my sig line accordingly too. :(
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Woodsy

Congrats Major! 

I am also looking forward to Thursday.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Rick-DEL

Congrats.

And, where are you guys building these cool signature boards (with ribbons and so forth)?

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

RogueLeader

He posted on Facebook that he doesn't come on here very often.  So, it may be a while.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 29, 2013, 08:43:33 PM
He posted on Facebook that he doesn't come on here very often.  So, it may be a while.

I thought that was the case since I haven't seen him, so I checked his profile and...

Quote from: Joe's Profile
Last Active: Today at 12:01:01

So I figured I'd give it a shot.

Post him the link to this thread.  I'm not a FB guy.
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

Thank you, all.   I actually have the Maj signature all done up, but it's on the PC at home..  However, the peer pressure may force me to grab it from that machine and update it now.  :)

Looking forward to Thursday as well.  I am preparing a brief PPT to precede the demo; do you folks have a projector?

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

Did your promotion sail through easily?  I ask because I submitted mine back in August...and all I've heard is the deafening sound of silence.

I suppose it depends how you submitted it..   I filled out a CAPF 2A and submitted it to Personnel, then got told that they don't need the form anymore since it's online in eServices (not a Commander, what do I know?!).   After that, it was just waiting out the last week of TIG.   

JoeTomasone

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 29, 2013, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

I suppose it depends how you submitted it..   I filled out a CAPF 2A and submitted it to Personnel, then got told that they don't need the form anymore since it's online in eServices (not a Commander, what do I know?!).   After that, it was just waiting out the last week of TIG.

My TIG was completed in June, 2012.  I asked my CC how to go about it and he said to do the CAPF 2A and a Letter of Justification listing my accomplishments since I rejoined CAP in 2009.  I did so.

Since then we've had a change of command (term limited).  I have asked both my current and former CC's about the status of my application...They say they haven't heard anything...it's like it disappeared into a black hole.

I'm about ready to withdraw it and just try to come to terms with never being promoted beyond Captain.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Woodsy

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 29, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
Thank you, all.   I actually have the Maj signature all done up, but it's on the PC at home..  However, the peer pressure may force me to grab it from that machine and update it now.  :)

Looking forward to Thursday as well.  I am preparing a brief PPT to precede the demo; do you folks have a projector?

yes, there is a projector and screen there.

Devil Doc

Not only did you pick up a Rank, It looks like you picked up a "Few" Extra Ribbons. Congrats.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

My TIG was completed in June, 2012.  I asked my CC how to go about it and he said to do the CAPF 2A and a Letter of Justification listing my accomplishments since I rejoined CAP in 2009.  I did so.

Since then we've had a change of command (term limited).  I have asked both my current and former CC's about the status of my application...They say they haven't heard anything...it's like it disappeared into a black hole.

I'm about ready to withdraw it and just try to come to terms with never being promoted beyond Captain.

Ask your current CC to initiate it online.  Major has to be approved at Wing, so if there are delays, check with each echelon.  It shouldn't take very long to do.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 30, 2013, 12:26:27 AM
Not only did you pick up a Rank, It looks like you picked up a "Few" Extra Ribbons. Congrats.

Thanks, although this graphic is now slightly out of date as well as another 2A has been processed..  (sigh). 

BTW, Vanguard loves me this month - except for the fact that I got the new service cap $20 cheaper than their price at Clothing Sales.   :)

Camas

Quote from: CyBorg on January 29, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Not sure what the problem is. If you've done the whole PD thing (Level III) I would think, as stated, that a duty promotion request through e-services should do the trick. You'll want to be sure a promotion board is enacted to consider your promotion (Re: CAPR 35-5 Para 1-10).  Oh yeah, if you need to - please - use a CAPF2 not a 2a.

spaatzmom

JoeTomasone

Tim Medeiros

Congrats Joe!  Welcome to the club!
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Майор Хаткевич

Private Investigator

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 29, 2013, 10:27:15 PM

Congratulations sir.

Actually I look forward to Taco Tuesdays .. What is the blue plate on Thursdays   ;D

Walkman

TeamBronx

Congratulations Joe!  From one New Yorker to another.

JoeTomasone

Thanks, all!

Quote from: TeamBronx on January 30, 2013, 05:30:51 PM
Congratulations Joe!  From one New Yorker to another.

Thanks, sir!  Been a while, how's my "Home Wing"?

AlphaSigOU

Remember... no promotion is ever official until it's been wetted down at the O-Club bar!  >:D ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

I don't recognise the ribbon right after Major Tomasone's CommComm, but at first glance it looked like the ribbon that the Australians award for 15 years' honourable service (Defence Force Service Medal, their version of a GCM).

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AlphaSigOU

It's the National Commander's Unit Citation.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

DBlair

It was great to have been there to witness your promotion to Major. Congratulations!
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Camas on January 30, 2013, 12:35:25 AM
Not sure what the problem is. If you've done the whole PD thing (Level III) I would think, as stated, that a duty promotion request through e-services should do the trick. You'll want to be sure a promotion board is enacted to consider your promotion (Re: CAPR 35-5 Para 1-10).  Oh yeah, if you need to - please - use a CAPF2 not a 2a.

Actually, I did use a CAPF 2; I have it saved on my computer, along with a requested Letter of Justification from my former CC.  He said it was submitted and he attached a personal endorsement.

I do have all my ducks in a row WRT Level III.  I've heard nothing about a promotion board.  As I stated in another thread, I try not to rock the boat too much; first of all, it's not in my nature ("tall poppy" syndrome) and second I don't want to tick anyone off.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Woodsy

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 31, 2013, 12:28:25 AM
Remember... no promotion is ever official until it's been wetted down at the O-Club bar!  >:D ;D

lol in that case it's officially official. 

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Woodsy on January 31, 2013, 07:24:53 AM

More than a few times over.  :)

Woodsy

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 31, 2013, 07:26:15 AM
Quote from: Woodsy on January 31, 2013, 07:24:53 AM

More than a few times over.  :)
Vanessa says hello ;)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: CyBorg on January 31, 2013, 04:59:40 AM

Actually, I did use a CAPF 2; I have it saved on my computer, along with a requested Letter of Justification from my former CC.  He said it was submitted and he attached a personal endorsement.

I do have all my ducks in a row WRT Level III.  I've heard nothing about a promotion board.  As I stated in another thread, I try not to rock the boat too much; first of all, it's not in my nature ("tall poppy" syndrome) and second I don't want to tick anyone off.

I'm not sure what the process is these days, but I think most of it is clocked on E-services. Talk to your PD guy, talk to your commander. Go to group if you hear nothing in a week. We don't have much to reward members with. You deserve to spend a $20 at Vanguard and an extra 0 tacked onto the paycheck!

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on January 31, 2013, 04:59:40 AM

This is a question that can be answered in a couple emails or two phone calls.  Major is approved at the wing level, but has to go up through the full chain.

Are you "three flags green"?  - check that in eservices.  If not, you can't do a duty promotion.  TIG isn't enough, and the PD stuff has to be
properly recorded.

The next time you see your CC, sit him down and have him log into eServices and click the promotion box.  If he won't, ask why and set a
date right there to complete whatever he wants or the wing needs.

Clearly this has you irked, with some justification, but anyone ready for a gold oak leaf knows how CAP really works and that
if you wait for others to "do for you", you will likely not get what you deserve. You've mentioned before that you don't like to call attention to
yourself, well, time to step up.

I've had to write, push, and follow up on every promotion.  It's just the nature of the beast.  In a perfect world, our personnel people would be on top of these things and they would happen without prompting, but since we know that's not going to happen...

..make it happen.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nolan Teel

Congrats on the promotion!

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2013, 04:23:56 PM
Are you "three flags green"?  - check that in eservices.  If not, you can't do a duty promotion.  TIG isn't enough, and the PD stuff has to be
properly recorded.

If you mean the "Senior Duty Promotions" page in E-Services, check.  I have Level III (including my Loening), Master rating (Admin), TIG (almost Level IV in fact)...I don't see what I'm lacking.

The next time you see your CC, sit him down and have him log into eServices and click the promotion box.  If he won't, ask why and set a
date right there to complete whatever he wants or the wing needs.

He's usually so busy at meetings going here there and everywhere that I don't like to bug him if I can avoid it.  I have e-mailed him, though.

Clearly this has you irked, with some justification, but anyone ready for a gold oak leaf knows how CAP really works and that
if you wait for others to "do for you", you will likely not get what you deserve. You've mentioned before that you don't like to call attention to
yourself, well, time to step up.

True enough, but I've also seen all-too-well what happens when someone pushes too hard...someone too high up the food chain gets irked and blocks promotions, ribbons, etc.  Seen it, and seen members quit CAP in frustration over it.

Is there a way in E-Services for me to see if the "promotion" box HAS been checked?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Your flags have to be green.  Do into the duty promotions area and see if they are. 
I don't have access to that so I can't provide a click-through, but someone else should be able to.
There will literally be 3 green check marks if you eligible.

You can also see the status of the approvals, and where it is sitting from there.

Quote from: CyBorg on January 31, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
He's usually so busy at meetings going here there and everywhere that I don't like to bug him if I can avoid it.

One of the things he should be busy about is promotions.  You're not bugging him, you're asking him to do his job.
It's one thing if a promotion gets stuck at higher HQ, but if it hasn't been processed, that's not cricket, and barring
your wing having any double-secret requirements, a promotion can be fully approved in minutes when people are
paying attention.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I hope someone CAN give me a click-through, because either I don't have access to that or I'm too stupid to find it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ßτε

Quote from: CyBorg on January 31, 2013, 06:37:26 PM
I hope someone CAN give me a click-through, because either I don't have access to that or I'm too stupid to find it.
You won't have access unless you are the commander, deputy commander, or personnel officer. For those who do have access it is in the Membership System restricted app on the right side of the eServices homescreen.

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^That's what I thought.  You confirmed it for me.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Stonewall

Didn't make it out to see you last night.  With all good intentions of going to meetings, I just can't seem to make it.  Grrr..  Life...work...energy...
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

It's all good..   The SMs who attended my little presentation on using the Sniffer for DF seemed to like it, and I heard more than one person making plans to buy one.