APR-JUN Volunteer Magazine is out and the triangle on the cover is gone!

Started by vento, April 28, 2010, 04:16:03 PM

JC004

Agh.  The logo lives.  It's in the NEC PowerPoint.   :(

WHY, NHQ?!  WHY DO WE DESERVE THIS?!  WHAT DID WE DO TO YOU?! 

Two words (Google it): style guide.  Approve it and send it out to the members.  Enforce it.  Use it.  Follow it.

Capt Rivera

What if some of our professionals in the field collaborate and develop a grass roots style guide that others may choose to follow until something official comes around... they may pass that guide through the chain for review and maybe the ball will get rolling?

We have had similar discussions where we talked about signatures but never really tried to standardize one that we could choose to use (not that I'm aware of), thus making some consistency. A drop in the bucket, I know, but I've seen the same take place internally at the fortune 500 I work for and grow organically in a rapid way...

Anyway... what would it take for an official one? A Wing or Region CC proposing that one get created by x committee within y amount of time? A vote happens and then work starts?   - I guess this is a drift... maybe someone will take the idea on in another thread...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: JC004 on April 30, 2010, 02:42:47 AM
Oh!  I forgot about THIS logo...

I have a logo THIS BIG,
and it has Excedrin
written all over it.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

BuckeyeDEJ

I haven't even opened up the magazine and I noticed a faux pas on the cover -- the markings on the airplane's wings are backward. The rondel goes on the left (pilot's side) upper wing and right lower wing, the "CAP" on the other side.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

DBlair

Page 26.

Ribbon Rack... Most of those ribbons are RM, but I was curious about the white with blue ribbon at the end of the stack. Any ideas as to what that is?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Flying Pig

Eclipse

Quote from: JC004 on April 30, 2010, 02:42:47 AM

Assuming this doesn't violate the flag code, it definitely needs a stroke to separate the tri-prop from the
flag.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on May 04, 2010, 02:29:17 AM
Assuming this doesn't violate the flag code, it definitely needs a stroke to separate the tri-prop from the
flag.

I was assuming that too, but I was tempted to check...

BuckeyeDEJ

The logo, which is definitely off-topic in this thread, is just an example of poor conceptualization and execution. Did the guy who did that logo do the one for the U.S. Ranger Corps?  :P