APR-JUN Volunteer Magazine is out and the triangle on the cover is gone!

Started by vento, April 28, 2010, 04:16:03 PM

vento

New edition of the Volunteer is out.
http://www.capvolunteernow.com/cap_volunteer/

Best part, the round emblem is back on the cover, the triangle that made "vOlunteer" look like "vAlunteer" is gone!  :)  :clap:

Flying Pig

Page 17.   

Riverside County Sheriff is going to be a little upset.  That isnt one of their helicopters.  They fly AS350B3's.  Quite a bit differnet than an Enstrom.

bosshawk

Rob: you don't expect accuracy to get in the way of hype, do you?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

mynetdude

Quote from: vento on April 28, 2010, 04:16:03 PM

Best part, the round emblem is back on the cover, the triangle that made "vOlunteer" look like "vAlunteer" is gone!  :)  :clap:

True but it seems that the website's graphics at the top still shows vAlunteer :P

a2capt

They need to just STOP IT.

Stick with ONE logo, identity, seal, crest, thing, whatever. But STICK WITH IT.

It's INSANE.

JC004

Quote from: a2capt on April 28, 2010, 06:33:36 PM
They need to just STOP IT.

Stick with ONE logo, identity, seal, crest, thing, whatever. But STICK WITH IT.

It's INSANE.

And that's really all that needs to be said.

RiverAux

I'm a little bit mad at myself for not noticing it when I downloaded it a few days ago, especially since I've been one to mouth off about it.  Thanks for listening NHQ!

Pylon

They changed it on the cover, but forgot to change it on the masthead on page 1?  Really?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mynetdude

A.Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps there is hope?!

Quote from: Pylon on April 28, 2010, 11:14:05 PM
They changed it on the cover, but forgot to change it on the masthead on page 1?  Really?
Then again... :-\

Like many things coming out of National lately....so close, yet so far.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on April 28, 2010, 11:14:05 PM

Clearly, you do not understand CAP's branding approach.  Our approach is "variety."  Pick your own logo, pick your own uniform combo...mix 'em up a little...

Oh!  I forgot about THIS logo...

wingnut55

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 28, 2010, 04:48:52 PM
Page 17.   

Riverside County Sheriff is going to be a little upset.  That isnt one of their helicopters.  They fly AS350B3's.  Quite a bit differnet than an Enstrom.

That is Maj. Kilholtz' personal Helicopter.

Rotorhead

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 28, 2010, 04:48:52 PM
Page 17.   

Reason #386 why posed pictures aren't as good..
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Flying Pig

Oh? Well someone obviously provided that photo to the magazine for publication.  A local LE a helicopter did the rescue, and then a  photo submitted is of a members personal helicopter that wasnt even involved?
Maybe a photo of who actually did the night time rescue in a helicopter, in bad weather on NVGs would be in order.  You know, get the names of the RSO aircrew and throw in a few sentences about them and their operation and a photo of STAR 9 and how CAP was able to work with them.  Instead, them coming and performing the actual "rescue" was almost an after thought.  I know its a CAP Magazine, but dont we pride ourselves on our ability to work with other rescue organizations?
Here, let me throw up a shout out for my RSO brethren....

http://www.alea.org/PhotoGallery/gallery.asp?rid=134&gid=178

Tater

Roy Knight
Airplane Driver
Fallbrook Squadron 87
CAWG

A.Member

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 30, 2010, 02:08:00 PM
Oh? Well someone obviously provided that photo to the magazine for publication.  A local LE a helicopter did the rescue, and then a  photo submitted is of a members personal helicopter that wasnt even involved?
Maybe a photo of who actually did the night time rescue in a helicopter, in bad weather on NVGs would be in order.  You know, get the names of the RSO aircrew and throw in a few sentences about them and their operation and a photo of STAR 9 and how CAP was able to work with them.  Instead, them coming and performing the actual "rescue" was almost an after thought.  I know its a CAP Magazine, but dont we pride ourselves on our ability to work with other rescue organizations?
Here, let me throw up a shout out for my RSO brethren....

http://www.alea.org/PhotoGallery/gallery.asp?rid=134&gid=178
I have no knowledge of the event aside from what was posted here and listed in the article.  However, if what you say is true (and I have no reason to believe it's not), you're dead on!

The PAO ought to be admonished from for including that photo and caption.  In addition, a correction should be included prominently in the next release.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Mustang

The lead photo for CLA is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in that publication.

Another poor choice of words here:

QuoteWeeks said her 2004 CLA participation had a considerable impact. "The cross-fertilization that happens through top cadet leaders sharing best practices and working through problems is one of the greatest parts of the activity," she said.
"Cross-fertilization" huh? I'm sure there WAS plenty of that going on in the night hours, although I'm not sure I'd call it a "best practice".
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

indygreg

I know that this is a bit of a hijack, but when does the magazine come in the mail?  I have yet to receive one.

RiverAux

They usually seem to have it online somewhere around 2-5 weeks before I get my copy, though I haven't kept close track. 

JC004

Quote from: Mustang on April 30, 2010, 08:37:10 PM
The lead photo for CLA is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in that publication.

Another poor choice of words here:

QuoteWeeks said her 2004 CLA participation had a considerable impact. "The cross-fertilization that happens through top cadet leaders sharing best practices and working through problems is one of the greatest parts of the activity," she said.
"Cross-fertilization" huh? I'm sure there WAS plenty of that going on in the night hours, although I'm not sure I'd call it a "best practice".

I fertilized a lot at that activity.